Landmarks, calling cards , note cards , and photo album are gone

amgad Footman

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2584 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

Here is some official info on what to check:  http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Inventory_loss

THAT being said, know that things do disappear from inventory. I have had four MAJOR losses over the years, the biggest being my whole "home and garden" goods folder (and I blog so it was big).

If none of the steps in that wiki help, then you can chat up live support if you are premium. I have not known that to work actually but hey, worth a try.

Things do from time to time return -- typically single items showing up in VERY odd places (like in a completely different folder of another year or another type of item). So watch for oddities in the next few months. 

The best you can do is make a lot of backups, put things that you can in a NEWLY rezzed box and store on your land for extra backup. And remember that creations almost always improve over time so eventually what you lost won't be as important as it seems now; there will be items to replace the things lost.

Good luck. 

Inventory is a duel system, in that your viewer maintains a list of your inventory items. The Lab maintains the primary list of your inventory items. At logon your viewer downloads the list from the SL servers. Through the rest of the session that downloaded list is used by the viewer.

If a connection issue interrupts the download you have an incomplete list. You can sometimes get the download to restart by using inventory search. The old process for fixing inventory was to type 'a' in inventory search. Once that search completes type 'b'... and so on until you have your inventory reloaded.

Logging into a busy server can cause problems with the list download. Try a logging into a deserted (no people) region.

Teleporting shortly after login can interrupt the download.

Having a large number of items in a single folder can cause problems. The inventory list downloads as a series of folder downloads. If a single folder takes too long, the download process can fail and possibly block login. - A large number of items is about 5,000 items in a single folder. But, the number depends on computer and connection speed.

Also, the inventory list is kept in a file on your computer. A viewer crash can create problems. The file can become corrupted in such a case and some parts of the viewer may not close. A computer reboot may correct the problem. If the file actually is corrupted, you can delete it. The viewer will start and rebuild the list with a clean download. THIS IS NOT a CACHE CLEAR. Clearing the cache doesn't necessarily delete the list file. In Windows the inventory file is in: C:\Users\[Win_Login_ID]\AppData\Local\SecondLife\ unless you have moved your cache. The files making up the list are named with avatar UUID and end in .inv.gz.

Good luck.

11 hours ago, amgad Footman said:

I can't find any of saved landmarks , photo album photos , ALL Note cards and most of calling cards!!

And check your filters.

Years ago I had a persistent problem with things not showing up in inventory, and after I tried everything possible to fix it, LL performed some kind of reset on it, which fixed it. 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2584 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.