Update on "I Dissolved My Partnership..."

Dairine Roecastle

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4712 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Here was my original post:

I dissolved my partnership with my ex nearly two weeks ago. I have the transaction record and everything. In his profile I am no longer his partner but in mine, he is still listed. I tried to dissolve the partnership again and it gave an error. I tried putting in a ticket but never got a response. I tried having an alt partner me and the system claims I am still partnered. Does anyone know if the partnership system is bugged? This is rather uncomfortable having his name still in my profile...

As of today, nearly a month later I have no solution yet whatsoever. I called Linden Labs directly and their answer was to keep basically spamming the JIRA and the forums so that the LL developers take note but also that LL developers are aware of the bug and will hopefully come out with an update soon which will address the situation. So the long and short of it--I am stuck in an extremely uncomfortable situation for the foreseeable future, partnered to my ex and unable to fix it. I guess RL and SL are becoming more synonymous every day!

12 answers to this question

Yes the system has been doing a lot of weird things lately, does the partner page still say that you are partnered too?

Only LL can fix the problem, its possible that they don`t know the answer to your ticket yet if it is still with Open status then they haven`t given up on it.

If you are premium you could try having a word with LIveChat & you could also check the JIRA (bug reports) to see if there is an open JIRA on it that you could comment on.

Other people have posted about only one or neither profile showing name, not being able to send proposals, not being able to accept them & now you are not able to get divorced (well one of you)....So the problem seems to be affecting just about every aspect of partnering.

Along with Peewee's fine answers, you might also try calling Billing (you can get their number on the Help page)  It's a long shot since they aren't suppose to do technical stuff.  But you DID pay for a service that hasn't been delivered so it might be worth the toll free call assuming you are in a location that can make the free call!
--Cinn

Please change your password and hopefully this will update your account. It's worth a try at any rate.

There is a JIRA currently - someone with similar issue to your own - https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/VWR-25240

Please add your own comments and screenshots to this. (And note, that although the reporter is advised to consult with Phoenix Viewer support, this issue is affecting ALL viewers.)

Thank you for all of your suggestions. I am in the process of following all of them. I have now added my comments to the JIRA as well as a file compiling the screenshot of our two profiles, a copy of my transaction record and a copy of the error I receive in trying to "redissolve" the partnership showing that LL is still recognizing me as partnered. I was told by LL that because I am not a premium account member that I cannot submit a ticket. Thank you all for your suggestions and will continue to keep updating as more info becomes available to me.

I changed my password a few days ago after seeing your suggestion and it didn't help :( I've added my notes and screenshots to the JIRA but I have yet to see any further action being taken. Still showing partnered to my ex...so frustrating! I appreciate you drawing my attention to the JIRA.

It's hard enough to have to deal with a relationship coming to an end, but to not being able to get full closure because of what appears to be a glitch in the system, well, this would make me crazy. Obviously LL have their rules and regulations, but, if I were you, I would definitely consider contacting LL via one of the freephone numbers below. It does say they are for billing issues, and as you have been charged to partner/unpartner, and the transaction appears on your bill, yet obviously it has failed, because you still have a partner listed on your profile, this would qualify you for help via the phone method. I did speak to one of the operatives a few weeks ago about a non-billing issue and he was very helpful. I am so sorry you are being given the runaround.

Billing support phone numbers

Toll-Free (US/Canada)

Long-Distance

Our Billing team is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Local Toll-Free numbers
•France: 0805.101.490
•Germany: 0800.664.5510
•Japan: 0066.33.132.830
•Portugal: 800.814.450
•Spain: 800.300.560
•UK: 0800.048.4646
•Support is in English Only

Yes this is going to be my next attempt at a solution because this has become ridiculous. I have been IM'd in world by a couple others who are in the same boat. I asked friends in world if they had any experience with this and all of them were astonished at this problem. I have honestly at this point considered deleting my account I'm so frustrated with this. I had a Linden representative write me to tell me I needed to mark some of these answers and I have half a mind to write him back saying, "When my problem is solved then I will mark one! How about getting around to solving this rather ridiculous and extremely uncomfortable problem of mine in the meantime!" *grumbles* Thank you for your continued efforts and if anything changes I'll be happy to post it ASAP.

Dairine Roecastle wrote:

I have honestly at this point considered deleting my account I'm so frustrated with this. I had a Linden representative write me to tell me I needed to mark some of these answers and I have half a mind to write him back saying, "When my problem is solved then I will mark one! How about getting around to solving this rather ridiculous and extremely uncomfortable problem of mine in the meantime!" *grumbles* Thank you for your continued efforts and if anything changes I'll be happy to post it ASAP.

Hi Dairine,

I wasn`t aware that this site sent out letters telling people to mark their answers, who sent you it?
It would actually be a good thing in a lot of cases as people don`t always come back & correct answers do help other people looking for solutions, but I agree that would be very annoying if the issue is unresolved. Like when they fail to fix a support issue and then send you a survey asking "how did we do?"...hmmmmm :smileyindifferent:

What response did you get from the billing number? Because it is a paid for service that you have been charged for and not received, the fact that it is only 25L doesn`t mean that LL don`t have to live up to their side of the deal.

Am on the phone with LL as we speak and the first thing he told me was of course to send in a web support ticket. I promptly told him that I already had. Then he proceeded to tell me that because I'm only a basic account that my ticket is one they do not support. He did tell me that Linden Labs is aware of the bug and will hopefully be addressing it in future updates. He told me to continue checking the JIRA, keep making comments and all that jazz. So basically I have to annoy the hell out of Linden Labs for now and hope that an update comes out soon to allow me to be able to be truly divorced from my ex. I am so frustrated right now!

This answer is marked simply because I received an email from LL telling me I needed to mark an answer as a solution. Since speaking to LL was all I had left well this is the one that got marked. Please refer to my comments in my edited posting for details as this problem is NOT SOLVED>

So basically they know its broken and they don`t know how to fix it yet. We all know that stuff breaks, but on an emotional level that is a really sucky thing to have broken, no one wants to see an ex`s name stuck on their profile :(

I really hope they figure it out soon.

Agreed Peewee, this snafu with LL has made me basically leave SL until it is fixed. It is extremely and wholly uncomfortable to me to continue being in world while my ex's name is still in my profile. It prevents me from exploring any and all romantic relationships and puts me in an awkward position. I had to write a long letter to my ex, explaining the situation and even made sure to link to him the JIRA so that he knew I wasn't playing some sort of game with him. I have it written in my profile to disregard the name in my partner box, but honestly? It looks like a joke or some dramatic weirdness to have this explanation in my profile, even with the links as evidence to my claims. *sighs* Who would have thought SL divorce would become so much like RL divorce LOL?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4712 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.