why can I not do the "age verification"?

MezzoR

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4734 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

Hi. I'm from Italy, 37yo and I'm an alt. My main account is manually age verified a long time ago. I tried to age verify this alt {I prefer calling it "my 3rd Life"} several times feeling really pissed off for the time lost trying. Support on this matter is totally broken, they say to use  the Support Portal to file a ticket but  Age Verification is disappeared from the system. I would like to assign a credit card or my PayPal account but also those options are totally missing, I believe Lindenlab totally **bleep**ed up the whole system leaving old and new customers' needs unattended. I have no intention to become premium  {it seems manual age verification became a Premium accounts' only feature and that's all against  any correct idea of public service, a sort of classism.

I always defended LindenLab even when people seem to not respect their hard work but since web profile came out disappointment started to grow in me and I really wonder where they are going. I felt the need of an alt after several months of absence from SL just because tired of how things were going, now i'm seriously thinking to leave Second Life definitely till they resolve to listen to their own customers, we all want the best for SL. They are  the leaders in the metaverse, also Blue Mars  wich seemed to be a promising alternative **bleep**ed up going onto iPhone customers target. So what's Linden's intentions? Are we paying any form of  side effect of  a sense of supremacy which allows them to treat us this way? 

I seriously hope they gonna fix this if I call them via phone as i did already a couple of times in the past. Even if calling from Italy to the States is a price too high to pay... and I'm not talking about money. it's a matter of respect. ilove the way they innovate Sl but such big mistakes as web profiles { is that really so hard to keep that as an option to the profiles we were used to?}  and this absurdity of issues with age verification and payment methods setting?

I feel like a prisoner, I'm not so eager to go to adult zones but this is an untolerable deprivation of my own freedom, I need my freedom to go wherever I want, whenever I want.

Any suggestion or help to find a way to break these chains will be eagerly appreciated. We are all always on the same ship.

Mitakuye Oyasin!

Things are hard work if you are outside of the US, you need to actually buy lindens to get payment info added to your account, but at the moment even that is having problems.

Some basic members have been lucky submitting the wrong ticket in the account issues category and making it clear they want age verification - technically there is no manual verification for basic members but it seems some support staff are willing to be helpful if they happen to pick up your ticket, so its worth a try.

If age verification fails and you don't want to wait for your support ticket to be answered, either google for Elvis Presley's drivers license (I've heard he has tons of alts in SL, despite being long dead), or buy a small amount of L$ on the Second Life website. The latter will account-verify you, which enables you to enter almost all adult regions without being age-verified.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4734 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.