Sign in to follow this  

SL gave me my money back but...

Question

If you are happy with the item and not that bothered about a $L350 windfall I would contact support because if there is a bug in the system it may be for a much more significant amount of money for someone else.

10 answers to this question

If you are happy with the item and not that bothered about a $L350 windfall I would contact support because if there is a bug in the system it may be for a much more significant amount of money for someone else.

Well it sounds like its some sort of technical bug that will need looking into how it happened, so I doubt they will do much...But hey its a free call so can`t hurt lol...Same with LiveChat, they are about as much use as a chocolate fireguard and tend to say anything to get you off the line asap.

If you just call support or make a ticket, chances are they will simply say "Oops!" take the money back and never bother to find out if the merchant got paid. I would contact the merchant and ask them if they got paid, they will find that to be a nice gesture and be thankful, much more thankful than LL would be.

• Like 2

If they got paid it was not from me, I still have the money in my account.

BTW I created a ticket before I could read your reply. Only thing is there was no category for "Hey you guys gave me free Lindens" so had to put in Marketplace General Issues.

So they have answered the ticket already, here is what they say: If you did get the product it is recommended that you contact the seller directly in world to let them know what happened and then you can pay them directly in world for the product. The web site will not charge your account again.

Hmm...Well guess they don`t care that their system is malfunctioning then...Lets see how they feel when a seller is out by 20K instead of 350L, I can`t see all buyers rushing to be so honest.

WTG for trying Keli, at least the seller of the item you bought is lucky they got you :)