You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2351 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 14. 04. 2017. at 10:33 AM, Hunter Stern said:

I am Hunter. I make glass,real time mirror effects, and landscape photos. No gallery or museum anymore, but I always follow and support arts and photography forum for their creation and learning purpose.

Hey Hunter, nice to meet you! Thanks for sharing a bit about yourself, feel free to put links to some of your online galleries or maybe just put one or two in here :)

And I am curious how do you make the mirror effects? I made few with water but I also made some by rotating the camera around on the opposite side of the avi and taking the shot like that:

13957253522_3ae61211e5.jpg

• Like 5

hi Tamara, I do have examples of work. I make real time photo props generally and use of enviornment. I use a twin avatar for my  mirrors and employ my glass textures and materials to make that mirror as seen below, Also note that the image with the glass orb is unededited only a the signature was added, the Glass on the orb does not employ iworld specular.

With these type of image I can easily provide myself and others with unique art works not normally found about. It is surreal and interpretative in execution.

Some of my work can be also be found on Facebook

GuardiansofOZReality.png

curiousGaze.png

Leanin.png

WatchingTower.png

• Like 5

I also did the live globe piece as a sculpture series in SL for a while with various scutlures I had made over the years, here is a link to one of those collections with windlight play

https://www.facebook.com/hunter.stern/media_set?set=a.562584317155565.1073741831.100002120042366&type=3

*note this was a direct visual on Specular mapping as well to see it's impact with inworld lighting and windlight settings.

• Like 4

Hello everyone, My name is Char and I have an art studio here in SL with various types of art work, using water color, graphite, pen work, and acrylic paint as well. This work was created by my daughter who is currently 16 years old, she has been drawing and painting since she was about 3 years old and has grown into quite a fantastic artist. I've only been on SL since October 2016, I really enjoy exploring all of the Sims and seeing the amazing things that people have created. 

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Hollywood Land/96/250/21

https://www.flickr.com/photos/148409947@N08/

• Like 2

I guess a proper introduction is in order...

Hullo Peoples! I am Saul Goodie. In the real-world I am a full-time Graphic Designer and Abstract Artist. I use a combination of Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Photography and various other tools to create my work lately, having moved away from physical mediums into the digital world!

99.thumb.jpg.48bf3ccfbab291e5d4bebbf452e5d967.jpg101.thumb.jpg.c4354eec9140ddfd1f7422475b2e7325.jpg103.thumb.jpg.869c92658853786bc69ae03101e1448a.jpg104.thumb.jpg.9843be0c2570c05fd182ea6b7ed05491.jpg

I currently display my artwork InWorld at several locations; Kultivate/Windlight sim has a permanent "Art by Saul" gallery where you can view and purchase a small collection of my works. I also operate Wanderlust Bench Art Park with some other Residents, and I often display my work there as well. I have also recently launched my own Fashion line, STYYLL, in which all my products feature my original graphic designs! 

All my work is created IRL, for IRL, however over the past year I have been creating more and more projects specifically for Virtual Worlds. I am in the early stages of planning a larger-scale project, hopefully with the help of LEA, which will combine my artistic and musical creations into one big oddity!! 

In other news, I am also constantly looking for new artists and galleries to wet my appetite for content, so please send me all your recommendations and landmarks :D

Here are some links to my things....

Abstract Portfolio
Flickr

• Like 5

Hey, Spooky here...SL is a creative outlet for me. I love taking photos and am now looking into Machinima as well. As I learn the ins and outs, I am going to make some basic instruction video tutorials for noobs. I am influenced by the likes of Burton, Mckean, Dali, Gaiman, Moore...weird and dark, I guess....

for forums.png

• Like 6

On 16/04/2017 at 7:44 PM, Hunter Stern said:

I also did the live globe piece............

*note this was a direct visual on Specular mapping as well to see it's impact with inworld lighting and windlight settings.

Interesting study and made me think I need to explore windlights more :)

• Like 2

• 6 months later...

Heyo, this doesn't seem like a super active thread but I'll introduce myself anyway...

I'm Alice, and I enjoy taking photos in SL when I come back from my years-long hiatuses... I don't edit any of them just because I'm not great with photo-editing skills (even though I am a graphic designer... shh) but uh.. yeah! I love exploring sims and hope to keep getting better at taking SL photos : )

My Flickr 

• Like 3

Hi. In-world name is Kiyoko, and I need a thread like this.

Grew up covered in different forms of art; loved some, liked others. There is no bad art except art that is meaningless. I mainly surround myself in art forms like film, photography, sketching/painting, and music. I'm a photographer in real time, though I only recently began photography in Second Life, and it's kind of limiting so it's difficult for me to get a hang of. :D

• Like 3

I'm Myra. I'm a photographer among other things. I specialize in photos taken exclusively in SL without any post processing.  Why? Because I'm trying to demonstrate we can get great photos in SL, now, without post processing, but also because I suck at PS. : )

This is my flickr feed:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/myrawildmist/

I have a show at the LA Club Gallery that's ongoing, right now.

I have a show at Club LA Gallery, today.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Amaro/253/165/23

I also write photography and art articles for Kultivate magazine:

https://kultivatemagazine.com/author/myrawild/

I stop in on these forums, sometimes, but rarely see anything related to photography. I'm always happy to help other photographers or artists.

• Like 4

On 31. 10. 2017. at 2:45 PM, Kaytie Aie said:

Hi. In-world name is Kiyoko, and I need a thread like this.

Grew up covered in different forms of art; loved some, liked others. There is no bad art except art that is meaningless. I mainly surround myself in art forms like film, photography, sketching/painting, and music. I'm a photographer in real time, though I only recently began photography in Second Life, and it's kind of limiting so it's difficult for me to get a hang of. :D

Could you please tell me in what way you see it as limiting?

As I used to see it, photography in SL was less limiting than the one in RL because I didn't have to (for example) wake up at 4am and drive to the beach to catch that first morning sun, in SL I just set my windlight as needed. Or I don't have to write ads to find a specific kind of model - I can create it. I am curious to hear what limitations you had in mind? 

• Like 2

I recently did a search for local real life groups in my area that I live in. I was astounded at how there are absolutely no other artists in my area on the art networks where I live that create in a digital, virtual, or 3D medium.

With SL, I am able to expand upon those forms of art with the tools that SL also provides such as windlight , havoc and other elements of the platform. With "real time" mediums of art, I would have to acquire physical tools such as brushes, lenses, timers, paint (and other substances) not always easily or readily available at the matter of a click, like a computer can provide. Call me lazy, but I could be making art instead of traveling on the road just to goto a supply store waiting in line at a check out(or waiting on a shipment of art supplies). SL saves me so much time in jumping right into it once inspiration strikes.

Not only is SL's use and creation of art a hobby or leisure activity or even a money making venture, but it is highly educational in such fields to understanding theory in math, physics, literature, writing , and even psychology and philosophy.

Computers , which SL resides in through the internet, has really helped bring real life factors into closer depth, but has also drawn numerous people from all walks of life together. If one is patient enough one can usually find so much just in the expression of art in through SL.

• Like 2

On 06/11/2017 at 4:48 AM, Tamara Artis said:

Could you please tell me in what way you see it as limiting?

As I used to see it, photography in SL was less limiting than the one in RL because I didn't have to (for example) wake up at 4am and drive to the beach to catch that first morning sun, in SL I just set my windlight as needed. Or I don't have to write ads to find a specific kind of model - I can create it. I am curious to hear what limitations you had in mind? 

Well, I mean the basic technicalities of photography. Shutter speed, aperture, and ISO aren't present, so you can't play around with what a photo would look like raw. In order to add the effects that they would normally give, they'd have to be post-processed which can be time consuming.

• Like 1

On 11/8/2017 at 6:24 AM, Hunter Stern said:

SL saves me so much time in jumping right into it once inspiration strikes.

Not to mention the money you save. I gave up on art in RL years ago because of time and budget restraints, Now SL has inspired me to start reconsidering the possibilities, not just here bu tin RL as well

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2351 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.