spam

Alwin Alcott

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2576 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Administrators

Hey!

So I just wanted to check in and see how we are doing with the spam. We have made some changes, are doing things a little differently, and it is certainly not a one man, or person job as the case may be. Lots of hammering going on in the back ground, and I think, it has a really good chance of eliminating the spam problem entirely.

What say you?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

They have been hitting all morning. 5 different Mumbai spam accounts now.

Hehe now I'm tempted to find a maitreya fit mesh sari and some jewelery... or look for a 6 armed Bento Kali avatar...

The powers that be / mods are being pretty fast mopping up, compared to past infestations. or maybe I have most of the forums they are posting in blocked. 

I don't understand how bots are able to even sign up for an acccou t -- isn't there some kind of captcha?

1 hour ago, Pamela Galli said:

-- isn't there some kind of captcha?

I created a new alt the other day - no captcha, just work your way through a few screens of questions
[eta] I didn't even have to confirm the email address

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

2 hours ago, Pamela Galli said:

The powers that be / mods are being pretty fast mopping up, compared to past infestations

I couldn't agree more. They are pretty much on the ball now. I just hope it continues.

2 hours ago, Pamela Galli said:

I don't understand how bots are able to even sign up for an acccout -- isn't there some kind of captcha?

Some sort of check is Registering 101, and it's quite astonishing that LL has never implemented anything. In fact, it's totally ludicrous.

4 hours ago, Pamela Galli said:

The powers that be / mods are being pretty fast mopping up, compared to past infestations. or maybe I have most of the forums they are posting in blocked. 

Hmm, how fast is 'pretty fast'.  The GD forum has 40 minutes worth of spam posts, pretty much filling the first 1.5 pages of thread listings.  Ugh

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2576 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.