Qavimator Help

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4734 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm struggling to learn my way around Qavimator. It seems like a very good and relatively simple program, and I've managed to make a few haphazard animations, but I can't find a useful instruction manual or tutorial for it. Yes, I've seen Torley's and Rubin's, and a host of others, but nothing comprehensive or covering the basics completely enough for a dunce like me. So I'll just plunge in here and ask naive questions in the hope that someone out there will have the patience and generosity to answer them. Here goes: how does the "cut" (the scissors icon in the toolbar) function work? And how can I insert empty frames into the middle of an animation? Can I somehow copy and paste a chunk of an animation into a new file? TIA!

Thanks, buubbleguum. Kinda suspected that was what the cut tool was for. But how does it work? Nothing happens when I click on it. And can I cut out more than one frame at a time? I do copy and paste one frame at a time, but I'd like to do that with a segment of the animation, not just one frame.

P.S.
It occurs to me that I probably don't understand what a keyframe actually is and am confusing it with the vertical red line ... you're dealing with somebody really obtuse here ...

Well, if you go to frame 15 of a 30 frame animation and move one leg up, that frame 15 is a keyframe. When you play the animation you will see that from 1 to 14 the program moves the leg until it is at the position in frame 15. So frame 1-14 are not keyframes because the computer is moving the leg. The red line in qavimator is an indicator as to which frame is currently showing in the preview window and the keyframes are marked by those little black triangles/marks.

I'm not sure that you can cut an entire segment of animation. Haven't tried that in qavimator.

Thanks Bree, for subtracting a little of my confusion. I have a slightly better, though still tenuous, grasp of the keyframe concept now.

If, using the example you gave, I then click on the mark in frame 15 and press delete on the keyboard, the leg returns to the original position and the mark is erased. Is this the same thing that is supposed to happen using the scissor icon/cut tool? Click as I might, I cannot seem to get that scissor icon to do anything.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4734 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.