I have a question about selling lindens

Debra Ninetails

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4764 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I understand the part of about selling Lindens on the exchange.

The second part about transferring to Paypal is what I have a question about.  I have a Paypal account, but it's not connected to Second Life.  Will it ask me for my paypal address once I choose to transfer the cash balance out? 

One other question.  I'd like to downgrade my Premium account to a Free/Basic account.  Is that possible or would I just have to cancel my account?

thanks

2 answers to this question

When you click on Process Credit on your account summary it takes you to a page that has your options listed near the bottom on the left. One will be Paypal, if you click on the word Paypal you get to a diff page that lets you fill in your Paypal info.

On the left of your dashboard in the account section you will see "Change Membership Plan" this is where you downgrade your account. You will need to abandon your linden home or sell any mainland before you can downgrade and it takes effect from when your current plan expires.

Yes, its as simple as pressing your "Process Credit" link. After clicking this you will see a choice of PayPal, or Wire Transfer. Choosing PayPal you will be asked for your PayPal address. Type it in and that's all the "connection" you need to transfer your cash balance out.

As for your second question, You can downgrade or upgrade at anytime... it is possible, you needn't cancel your SL account.

Personally, as long as I'm still active in Second Life, I wouldn't bother to downgrade, since as well as losing the land rights Peewee mentioned.... you'll lose your $L stipend payments (All of your premium fees except for a few dollars comes back to you over the course of the year, directly delivered to your avatar as stipend payments).

Pretty useful to get that extra cash on the regular for small miscellaneous inworld spending needs :smileyhappy:

You'll also lose any access to Linden Lab's concierge service, meaning you won't be able to get access to Second Life's customer support help as quickly & easily.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4764 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.