AO HUD and other objects: No contents

Ecluecaensian

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2587 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I am having an odd issue with accessing the contents in my objects.  They all say "No Contents", but this is non-sense.  I can load my notecards and the animations are clearly cycling through, however I am no longer able to access the contents.  I have tried purchasing a free AO HUD off the marketlplace and I still have the same issue.  Any ideas?

4 answers to this question

I can only guess without actually examining the objects, but the most common reason for seeing "No Contents" is that there are no contents, at least where you are looking.  When I am scripting objects and don't want to make them easy for a new owner to screw up, I put important scripts and animations into child prims -- sometimes small, transparent, and buried inside.  If you examine the root prim, you won't find anything.  That's not a common thing to do with an AO, because I'd expect the owner to need to add and remove anims.  It might account for at least some "missing" contents, though.  As I said, however, I can't guess beyond that without actually seeing the items.

Let me clarify my question, I was once able to access my AO HUD and the contents (scripts, animations, notecards)  by right-clicking on it and then selecting edit.  Now all it shows is that the contents are empty.  I don't know where else to look but inside the object.

Edited by Ecluecaensian

2 hours ago, Ecluecaensian said:

Let me clarify my question, I was once able to access my AO HUD and the contents (scripts, animations, notecards)  by right-clicking on it and then selecting edit.  Now all it shows is that the contents are empty.  I don't know where else to look but inside the object.

It happens to me sometimes when my internet is lagging. Just keep trying, or make a copy of your HUD if possible then see if you can see inside that one.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2587 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.