What's the maximum renderVolumeLOD?

Innula Zenovka

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4764 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

What's the highest you can effectively set renderVolumeLOD to?   I thought I'd read somewhere that a recent-ish change to the server software now maxes it out at 3.0, so the usual advice to set it to 4.0 to make sculpties look better is now outdated, but I can't find a reference anywhere.

Can anyone help?

5 answers to this question

Hi Innula,

Are you saying changes were made server side to make any setting over 3 ineffective?

I have not heard of this, but the best place to find out would be the server release forum http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Second-Life-Server/bd-p/SecondLifeServer

You can read through Oskar`s notes for each release or post to ask if the rumour is true.

Hope that helps :)

Thanks. I had had a look in the forum but will search through the server release notes. I wish I could remember the details of what I was told; it was back in the old forums late last year, and I mentioned 4.0 as the maximum and someone -- I can't remember who, but it was certainly someone who usually knows what they're talking about when it comes to viewers and server releases -- corrected me, saying it had just recently changed.

If it was that long ago it may be easier to just post there and ask if there is a limit. I use Phoenix & even the quick-menu slider for it goes up to 8, but that doesn`t mean the rumour isn`t true that 3-8 makes no difference, though I would personally think that 3 is a low number for it to be maxed at.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4764 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.