Owner not TAKE Object

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2590 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I bought land and bought a premade structure.  I rezzed it and filled it up with stuff and twice now I've accidentally taken it back into my inventory.  I think I'm selecting an object inside the structure but instead was selecting the structure itself so when I select TAKE the structure goes back into my inventory.  I selected LOCK but that didn't stop TAKE from happening.  Other than being more careful about what I select, how can I prevent this from happening again?

Thanks

You can't really. Supposedly you get a warning when you try and take a locked object. If you don't get that warning, then make sure you have the viewer set to warn you (you can do that in Firestorm anyway). 

I still after ten years take my building pad up now and then when I am tired and not paying attention. So paying attention is a good thing.

The only method that I can think of as foolproof would be to have an alt buy a house and rez on group land with you not having the ability to edit or take their items. That seems a bit overkill though.

The good news is that putting things back gets easier with practice :D. 

• Like 2

Thanks Chic

all good info

and you're right, after doing twice in as many weeks the second time went quickly plus with all the stuff inside it was easier to line up and didn't take much time but it's still that stomach clenching moment when it happens and you're like, "oh !@#$".  :)

Thanks again.

17 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

The only method that I can think of as foolproof would be to have an alt buy a house and rez on group land with you not having the ability to edit or take their items. That seems a bit overkill though.

That's exactly how I solved this problem years ago. Snugs rezzed my build platform. "Take" becomes greyed out, leaving only "Return" as an option. I rarely use that, so don't select it accidentally.

Using Firestorm is also helpful, as you can right-click things you've taken and select "Restore to last position".

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 1

ooooh didn't know that about Firestorm - good to know!!

1 minute ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

That's exactly how I solved this problem years ago. Snugs razzed my build platform. "Take" becomes greyed out, leaving only "Return" as an option. I rarely use that, so don't select it accidentally.

Using Firestorm is also helpful, as you can right-click things you've taken and select "Restore to last position".

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2590 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.