Change the name of the GD forum

Avery Crazyboi

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2560 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

In looking at the new Forum layout, if they just moved the Answers section above the Peoples Forum section, I think that would take care of the problem.  Folks see the Peoples Forum first and if none of the other sub-topics fit their question, then they default to GD rather than scrolling further down the page - my bet is that the other sections of the Peoples Forum are getting lots of questions also.  Another option would be some sort of condensed list / links for the main forum sections up at the top of the primary Forums page.

• Like 1

But Resident Answers was mostly used as a general discussion sub-forum, which is why, when an Answers section came along with a later forum incarnation, we persuaded LL to add a General Discussion sub-forum. And that's how I think it should stay.

There is nothing wrong with people asking questions in the sub-forums. If it weren't for questions being asked in the Forum section, there would next to no posts in many of the sub-forums, such as all the Creation sub-forums. I think that things are fine as they are, although the suggestion of moving the Answers section into the forum would likely mean that people who are not used to things here, and don't know that there is an Answers section, would find it. I definitely don't think that the name of the General Discussion sub-forum should be changed. If it was changed we'd have no sub-forum for general discussion - and it was us who asked for that.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2560 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.