play animation after animation ends

deanimo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4757 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

hello, i need a script to play some animations.. 5 or 6 animations.. and i wanna the second starts after the first one finish.. and the third one when the second one finished.. and all when the previous finished, and i dont know how to do it because i only found the llStartAnimation() and llStopAnimation() function.. and i dont have a function to know when an animation ends, or get what is the lenght of one animation.. so.. any idea? thanks..

If you want to play several animations in a row, you'll need to know how long each one is beforehand.  Then play the first one with llStartAnimation and set a timer. When the timer fires, stop the first one with llStopAnimation, play the next one and set a new timer, and so on.  There's no way to measure the length of an animation with a script.

lsl does not know how long an animation is, or how long it has taken to download before it starts....

you can get rough timings by playing a lower priority copy of an animation under a stationary one, or a previous one, and then restart it when it should be finished (a way to preload the animation). you could do this for each animation before you begin to make them run more accurately together for your timer... but you'll need to figure out how long each plays on your own

there is a perfectly aligned alternative that does not require a script at all.... a gesture will detect when one animation is done and another started (because it runs on your client not the SL server).

I have no experience with that myself, not being an animator, but the SL Wiki says

"Animations can have no more than 30 seconds worth of unique frames.

Linear animations can potentially be 50 seconds long if ease in and ease out are set to the maximum of 10 seconds,"

so I'm guessing that the answer is a very limited yes.  I suspect that the OP has something more than a total of 30 seconds worth of unique frames in mind, however, so in his case the answer is probably no.  Not a bad question, though.  :smileyindifferent:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4757 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.