Vanishing Forum Post

SAULGOODiE

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2586 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I just posted this in the ANSWERS section, but seeing as the forums are a spectacular mess right now, i figured this deserved a spot in the Feedback category as well. Apologies for the re-post, but this elf is getting a little frustrated...

Wondering if anyone else has experienced disappearing threads in this new forum setup.

Yesterday morning I made a lengthy post in "Favorite Destinations" regarding my latest project. The post went public just fine, saw approx. 30 views and even a "Like" by the end of the night.

I went to check the post this morning, and the thread is gone. Not moved elsewhere, completely removed. The thread has vanished from "Favorite Destinations", and there is only this error code when I follow the notification link. 

Can anyone tell me what is happening? I haven't used the forum much since the re-design, and this is making me want to use it even less. Is this just a glitch? Did I violate some terms I knew nothing about? This is not my first rodeo, so i'm just looking for some clues/answers.

There have already been ideas about LL removing my post, due to it threatening their "Destination Guide", however I remain skeptical. Since I received no notice from a mod or elsewhere about the post being taken down, I am simply looking for an answer if this topic simply glitched out of existence, or if my content was somehow inappropriate for the subforum I posted to..... 

Screen Shot 2017-03-20 at 1.56.11 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-03-20 at 1.56.01 PM.png

• Like 1

Lindens with little or no experience seem to be moderating the forums at the moment and are failing to follow previously defined protocols regarding informing members when posts or thread are being taken down or modified.

Note that this is neither a discussion nor criticism of moderators or the moderation process, merely an observation of fact.

2 hours ago, Avery Crazyboi said:

Lindens with little or no experience seem to be moderating the forums at the moment and are failing to follow previously defined protocols regarding informing members when posts or thread are being taken down or modified.

Note that this is neither a discussion nor criticism of moderators or the moderation process, merely an observation of fact.

I am hoping this is the case. I am engaging in a conversation with a Moderator at the moment, attempting to get to the bottom of things. I was given a link to the guidelines, studies them thoroughly, and presented my case that I did not violate conditions in any way. 

I would not be making a big deal out of this, but i've been using the Forum a heck of a lot this past year, its super frustrating for something like this to happen with no clear answers. Thanks for the 2-cents Avery

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2586 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.