Eliminate categories

Butch Daddy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2568 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Should Linden remove all of the lower categories on the marketplace?

It seems that since so many sellers cannot be bothered, or are too lazy,  to put their items in the correct categories that Linden should just get rid of all of them except the main ones, like Home and Garden, Vehicles, Apparel, Animals, etc.

If you look at the Marketplace and set your options to see 96 items, sorted newest first, I bet you will find that close to 80 of the items have some issue with them. Wrong category, not set to moderate or adult, or keyword spam. 80 out of 96, on average, means that there is either something wrong with the way the marketplace is set up, or the sellers are just lazy twits.

So honestly, what is the point, if the sellers just don't seem to give a damn about making sure that their items comply with the rules, why not just remove some of the "rules" in the first place?

If all of those hundreds of categories were removed and only the main ones were left, the sellers would have to be spot on in order to sell their stuff because no one would be able to find anything without good and proper keywords and they would pretty much only have themselves to blame when their stuff doesn't sell.

Maybe there should be a Reporting Party Event set up.  Get as many people together and just spend 15 or 30 minutes flagging as much stuff on the marketplace as possible in that time to see if maybe linden will get the hint that more needs to be done?

The issue really is so rampant. Getting new items listed into the marketplace is actually a relatively easy process compared to what it used to be. My issue is the search functionality and control over content I see. Its really bad when I can find an item in the MP easier with google then I can using the search engine built into the marketplace itself.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2568 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.