Lindens Limit Increase

MoiMeMoi

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2676 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi,

I have just joined, and in the process i decided to do the 1 yr membership however I am frustrated that I am not able to increase the Lindens I want to purchase as the initial new member is not enough to cover setting up a new avi, let alone shop explore etc.  I understand that there is a review on limits but have not been able to find how to request this also from the information i am seeing here it could take 1 week which seems like a long time for me to be able to purchase items, I was not limited to the membership I bought, and am age verified so unsure why I am limited to what I can decide to spend.

Please, may I ask assistance on this.

Thanks

6 answers to this question

Hello Moi, and welcome to Second Life!

The limit on buying Lindens is not tied to your membership category or your Real Life age.  It's a clock that starts the first time you make a purchase of $L.  The limit is very low at first, I agree, but it is quickly raised...just wait a week.  And shortly after that, it's raised again.  The reason they do this is to keep people from registering an account and then using it to "launder" large amounts of money (obtained, for example, from a stolen credit card).

Although this is an annoyance for a few days, you don't have to rush right out and spend money to accessorize your avatar.  There are thousands of free items to be had...and while a lot of them are older or of poor quality, quite a few of them are quite nice!  I'll send you a notecard in world with some landmarks to check out.  I'm pretty sure your $L will go up before you've had a chance to explore them all!

• Like 1

Thank you, for responding ;).....how do i request the limit review.  I still feel its a bit odd to limit less than what i spent to join..... i have gone through my limit and havent even finished setting up my avis...and i am likely impatient but a week to wait to be able to do that is a bit long.....I appreciate the fraud concern however not looking for a large amount

Thank you again to anyone who can assist me how to go about requesting an increase

Edited by MoiMeMoi

I can't buy anything on the LindeX because of billing and trading limits

See Billing and Trading Limits to check your limits and ensure that your difficulties are actually related to your billing and trading limits. Your level will be highlighted if you're logged in.

If this does appear to be the difficulty, you may request a review of your account to increase your limits by submitting a support case:

1. Under What type of problem are you having? select Billing.
  2. Under Billing, select LindeX Billing and Trading Limits Review Reqest.
  3. Fill out the remaining fields as instructed, then click Submit.

We'll review your request and get back to you within five business days.

5 business days are over the weekend... as is your week waiting... so might even be quicker to wait than request a limit review.

To open a support case for a billing issue, go to the Submit a Case page.

1. Under What type of problem are you having?, choose Billing.
  2. Then select either: 
       LindeX Billing and Trading Limits Review Request. 
       Second Life and Marketplace Account balance Payout Issues.

Fill in information describing your issue in the form fields then click Submit.

However, the review will take at least a week...so you may as well save your effort and just wait!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2676 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.