Sign in to follow this  
Nada Epoch

Beta Viewer Not Fully Working *Read Lindens*

Hello, I am a Beta member, and a Charter Member. I have the Beta icon for my account, but I think whoever is doing the beta should add the Charter Member icon or something, like how it use to show "Charter Member" in the place of resident on the older viewers. Just a suggestion, us charter members like to be seen that we helped Second life to what it has become.

So the beta viewer is actually working..you just want some kind of extra icon to show your status as a charter member for some kind of what ? Recognition ? Prestige ?

Mondy

Well, basically charter members get special things, like "own profile tag", and land... On the new viewer it does not show that.....

PS: Charter Members are very rare.

In older viewers they had it.

Monderas Bristol wrote:

So the beta viewer
is
actually working..you just want some kind of extra icon to show your status as a charter member for some kind of what ? Recognition ? Prestige ?

Mondy

If the charter members hadn't been willing to buy a life time membership for a brand new and unknown concept, run by a start up company with no money then LL would have gone bankrupt in 2003. You literally have them to thank for the sl you enjoy today.

Sorry for typos... So tired, and I think they should update the viewer so "Charter Members" and "Beta Members" Have 1) Their own icon

2) Their own title.

and so on.

Off to bed now, night guys and gals.

Nada Epoch wrote:

I did not get a gold Key Icon, I just for "Beta Member"

Right, it looks like the ones that had the "Lifetime Member" tag were remembered, but the ones that had "Charter Member" were forgotten. I think the "Lifetime" tag was for people who did the subscription after beta, right?

Nada Epoch wrote:

No, Lifetime members I think paid way more then charter members and got their own "Whole sim"...

Not sure though.

Yes the difference is super hazy. Consensus on this old thread appears to be that nobody remembers why one or the other title was given, there was a mix of enrollment dates and prices for both!

If the charter members hadn't been willing to buy a life time membership for a brand new and unknown concept, run by a start up company with no money then LL would have gone bankrupt in 2003. You literally have them to thank for the sl you enjoy today.

In light of that perhaps some sort of recognition should be there, it's just that the thread title and the OP did make it seem like something in the viewer wasn't working.

*huggs*

there used to be a wiki article for it all, but I can't find where it used to be..... there's still mention of Charter members, but not of beta or lifetimes...

Charter members are supposed to have 4096sqm of land free, forever, recognition, forever, and there may be some stipend involved I dunno. these people put out a huge wad of cash to help get SL up and running.

Beta: I'm not so sure what they got, other than recognition....

lifetime: this category seems to have been co-opted, originally it was similar (same?) with Charter, but got reused by residents with paid accounts that were guaranteed "lifetime" accounts (no expiration, no deletions for inactivity), and applied to all the paid accounts before SL allowed free accounts. the latter type did NOT get a special title.

if you see ANY of these people in SL, you're looking at people who have been here since the beginning or damn near, and now more than a thing or two. They are the ones who have stuck it out the whole way on this platform... and most have them have done more than any 10 people you'll meet today inworld, to promote this platform.

because Nada hasn't been around since the old OLD forums ;)

but with jive they made us all start over.

(In case anyone wonders how I know Nada, 'tis because Nada used to manage the original scripting library... I kinda miss seeing that green ogre icon from days of yore.)