Cosmetics: favicon, #slHeader background-image

Qie Niangao

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2588 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Overall, I like the look of the new Community site, and especially enjoy its mobile version. So this is just nit-picking about stuff that doesn't really matter.

1. There doesn't seem to be a favicon, so browsers show the tab titles decorated with just a blank document icon. That's all we got with Lithium, too, but the rest of the LL website all seems to have the familiar minty-green "eye-in-hand" logo. Is it possible to favicon "brand" the forums pages, too?

2. All the Community pages seem to share the same "coffee shop" background image at the top banner, in the #slHeader div of the document. It can get annoyingly tall on the desktop (not so bad on mobile or if the desktop window is narrow enough), but I wonder if it might be made specific to the forum / subforum being shown. I mean, I get it that there's some virtue in a unified "community" theme, but that's pretty well established by the overall page layout (and the big "SECOND LIFE COMMUNITY" text of the header), so I'm thinking SL's snap-happy residents might be enthused about, say, a contest for in-world imagery suitable as splash graphics for some of the forums.

(Also, I'd really like to replace that scary jean-jacketed gal haranguing the poor plaid-shirted guy in front, clearly fleeing the scene. But that's just me.)

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2588 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.