Post Snapshots to Profile Feed

Chris8888

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2580 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have been posting snapshots to my profile feed without any problems for years. Today I realized that nothing was uploaded for the last 4 months. Has LL changed something?

Could something in my preferences/settings be the problem?

Edited by Chris8888

1 hour ago, Chris8888 said:

I have been posting snapshots to my profile feed without any problems for years. Today I realized that nothing was uploaded for the last 4 months. Has LL changed something?

The feeds tend to be in a start of regular broken-ness, with photo failures being a common issue.

(I hope the feeds some day get the love they need. Sadly, I know I'd best not hold any breath)

I have been posting at least twice a day for the last 4 months and nothing was saved despite the fact that my viewer gave me no error, no warning, no failure msg.

The problem is systematic and I discovered it yesterday when I tried to change something on my web profile (I do not read our own profiles often).

It could be:

(1) my viewer (I have already informed them about this issue). 

(2) something on my settings/preferences

(3) LL voodoo

(4) ????

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chris8888 said:

I have been posting at least twice a day for the last 4 months and nothing was saved despite the fact that my viewer gave me no error, no warning, no failure msg.

The problem is systematic and I discovered it yesterday when I tried to change something on my web profile (I do not read our own profiles often).

It could be:

(1) my viewer (I have already informed them about this issue). 

(2) something on my settings/preferences

(3) LL voodoo

(4) ????

The answer is likely 3 or 4. I'm serious.

I tried a few different snapshot sizes today and still I cannot post them to my profile feed. No error was raised by my viewer.

Conclusion: Unlike other things, Snapshot size does not matter. :-)

I hate to agree with Avery and since Marianne's educated guess is that 3 or 4 are the possible answers, then the next possible step is:

Next Step: buy a garlic necklace from the marketplace and wish others have similar problem to grab LL's attention. 

On 18/03/2017 at 11:01 PM, Chris8888 said:

I haven't posted anything to my profile feed for years, but on days when my internet connection was flaky, I would find only some of my photos would upload, and the rest would get stuck in some kind of limbo, forever saying that snapshots were waiting to be processed.

When I had a message inworld to say that the snapshot had failed to upload, sometimes that may have been also due to my flaky internet connection, or sometimes it appeared to be the type of server I was on.  

Its just something that hasn't been reliable for me, and not something that has endeared me to the feeds. As Marianne says, its about time they were given a bit more TLC. 

I reckon it must be down to LL voodoo generally i haven't had many issues posting snaps other than the 4 snapshots that say they are are being processed and the one that has the wrong visit location tagged to it as long as i get a notification with link i know the snap has been uploaded

Am a chronic snapshot poster and I always has a few stuck in prossesing, usually the ones I want to see again the most. Some times nothing posts, but that has never happened to me for more than 6hours or so. I do notice however that when my WiFi connection is scetchy I am not able to post. I would check to see you have a good connection to the Internet.

It does happen to all of us from time to time and not always at the same time. Could be more than one problem but good internet is a must. I use to think my feed got to full and then I would delete some data but now I have upgraded my computer, my photos are sent to feed quicker. If you have a particular photo you want to share, its worth leaving it in the 'camera' until it posts (and staying in SL of course). Sometimes this works. 

The other thing I will say is.....it is much faster and easier to send photos back to your computer. Its free and the turnaround is nearly instant before you can take another. 

In your camera setting (if you are Firestorm) its called save to disc. You will then be prompted where to save it to, on your computer.  

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2580 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.