Move?

Willow Bouevier

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2587 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

10 minutes ago, Willow Bouevier said:

Lol, no that's not what I mean. I know how to walk,fly,swim. I mean how do I get my avi to move when it's standing still? IMVU has something similar but I'm not sure what it's called on sl

You mean an Animation Overrrider.

Go to Second Life Marketplace and put into search "AO" and a selection should come up from zero L$ to whatever.

Quick link to show some that are available. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/products/search?utf8=✓&search[category_id]=&search[maturity_level]=G&search[keywords]=ao

Other suggestions may follow. 

17 minutes ago, Willow Bouevier said:

Lol, no that's not what I mean. I know how to walk,fly,swim. I mean how do I get my avi to move when it's standing still? IMVU has something similar but I'm not sure what it's called on sl

How do you not know this when your profile in world says you have been in Second Life for so many years? Or are me and Maddie being particularly dense and not understanding your enquiry?

5 hours ago, Marigold Devin said:

How do you not know this when your profile in world says you have been in Second Life for so many years? Or are me and Maddie being particularly dense and not understanding your enquiry?

..well... most might have never logged in.... but seeing how many old account are being sold at some 3rd party websites i think thats also has some influence on the frequent noob questions we see from older accounts here.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

..well... most might have never logged in.... but seeing how many old account are being sold at some 3rd party websites i think thats also has some influence on the frequent noob questions we see from older accounts here.

Well, I can understand the confusion. Just from looking at her profile, I wouldn't have guessed she is new either. Not only because of her accounts age, but because its filled out and doesn't seem to be any different from profiles of people who are well settled in SL.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

Oh is this allowed now? 

Considering how many bots I used to see with absolutely fantastic names in 2008, I would surely love to have thought up some of those names for themselves.

Of course my tongue is firmly in my cheek. 

And thank you for some kind of clarification, Alwin.

I am learning something new every day. Always. 

51 minutes ago, Syo Emerald said:

Well, I can understand the confusion. Just from looking at her profile, I wouldn't have guessed she is new either. Not only because of her accounts age, but because its filled out and doesn't seem to be any different from profiles of people who are well settled in SL.

I thought at first - with the original poster having a last name - that LL might have introduced last names again, and of course went to look at the OP's profile and saw a very filled out profile on an old avatar. 

5 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

Perma-Noob Lastnamers are enough of a headache, now we have Noon-Noob Lastnamers too ?

Dark Gods of the Grid Protect Us!

*breaks out the hand knapped sacrificial flint prim knife and hollowed prim offering bowl*

Alright, form an orderly line...

You need an AO. There are a LOT on the MP. I would suggest you try them out inworld since most of the makers have an inworld store with pads where you can try out. You can go inexpensive, like Oracul AO, or go really expensive like Vista or Akeyo. Take your time and find one that fits you. I would avoid ones like the male one that has the guy skip around.

Wow, to be quite honest I didn't think this post would get so much feed back! And thanks for the replies but I already found out thanks to marigold, even though she was kind of rude for an adviser. Just because my account is so many years old doesn't mean that I would know everything there is to know about sl. While it is true that I signed up for my account along time ago I found that I didn't really like it so I went back to IMVU. Also I have a old laptop that crashes whenever I log on and shitty internet. So I stayed on IMVU. But I am running into a lot of young people on IMVU these days. So thought I would give SL another try. Excuse me for asking a simple question. :/

16 hours ago, Willow Bouevier said:

Wow, to be quite honest I didn't think this post would get so much feed back! And thanks for the replies but I already found out thanks to marigold, even though she was kind of rude for an adviser. Just because my account is so many years old doesn't mean that I would know everything there is to know about sl. While it is true that I signed up for my account along time ago I found that I didn't really like it so I went back to IMVU. Also I have a old laptop that crashes whenever I log on and shitty internet. So I stayed on IMVU. But I am running into a lot of young people on IMVU these days. So thought I would give SL another try. Excuse me for asking a simple question. :/

On 18/03/2017 at 11:06 AM, Marigold Devin said:

I thought at first - with the original poster having a last name - that LL might have introduced last names again, and of course went to look at the OP's profile and saw a very filled out profile on an old avatar. 

Kinda rude? Wasn't intending to be but hey ho.

Was curious. And you kinda - and others in this thread kinda - gave me more information to clarify.

I don't know everything there is to know about Second Life either. I know even less about IMVU. 

No worries! I know I am still a newbie even though my account says other wise. :P Is there a way I can change my user name? or am I stuck with it? on IMVU you had to buy a name change token. I already looked on my account here but couldn't find a spot to change it. Maybe I am missing something?

No, Willow, you can't change your account name (Willow Bouevier) but you can, if you want, change your Display Name.   See the Knowledge Base article on Usernames and Display Names for more detail.

I wouldn't worry about it.  If you are concerned that people might wonder why there's a lot about SL you don't know, just put something in your profile to say you've been out of SL for a long time.   I think you've got a lovely name.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2587 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.