Lindens

Erth Ling

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2681 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

5 answers to this question

If I had to guess -- and I do have to guess because you didn't give much information -- I'd guess that you didn't purchase L$ at all.  You ordered them, by placing a Limit Buy order.  You specified a price that you would be willing to pay, so you are waiting for someone to come along and agree to sell to you at that price.  If you set your offering price too low, you could wait forever until someone is desperate enough or dumb enough to take you up on the offer.  The best thing to do now is to cancel your order (on your dashboard at secondlife.com >>> LindeX >>> Manage >>> LindeX Order History) and place a new one.  Use the Market Buy option this time unless you know how currency exchanges work.  The money that Linden Lab has been holding for your current order will be transferred to your USD balance as you cancel, so they will use that for the new order.

Read more at https://community.secondlife.com/knowledgebase/english/buying-and-selling-linden-dollars-r46/Section_.1.2

• Like 6

Hi Erth,

I'll guess you place a "Best Rate Buy" rather than an "Instant Buy". When you do that, your order will not execute until someone sets out their L$ for sale at the exchange rate you specify. If you set the exchange rate too high, your order will never be filled. If you set it too low, you'll be leaving money on the table. If you use the default rate, your order may execute, but probably not immediately.

If you want your L$ right away, cancel your order here...

https://secondlife.com/my/lindex/history.php

...and place another order using "Instant Buy".

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 4

I don'y

t have an answer to your question but just yesterday I purchased 5000 lindens and paid via paypal and also received a notice on my mobile that a deduction for equivalent US dollars was made. However there is no sign of the 5000 lindens in my account. So like you I don't know who to ask about my lidens. This has happened twice in the past so it seems to be a recurring issue.

3 hours ago, Tandigon said:

I don'y

t have an answer to your question but just yesterday I purchased 5000 lindens and paid via paypal and also received a notice on my mobile that a deduction for equivalent US dollars was made. However there is no sign of the 5000 lindens in my account. So like you I don't know who to ask about my lidens. This has happened twice in the past so it seems to be a recurring issue.

read the posts above you ...  "me too"  responses in this sections aren't helping anybody,

and it's not a recurring issue ... it's most likely a recurring mistake at your side to pick a wrong exchange rate at the limit buy option.

• Like 2

Tandigon, this is exactly the expected behavior when you place a Limit Buy offer.  Yes, the money is taken from your $USD Balance or from your registered payment method.  It's held "in escrow" until someone accepts your offered price, then the transaction is completed.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2681 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.