Running Sl in Borderless window ? now you can !

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2595 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

ok while i was venturing in sl  i found a script that is using the free program autohot key  just google autohotkey and you will find it is actually a famous macro/script program 

that is well known and to make sl border-less is 100% needed at least to run the script this is really useful for people like me that have 2 monitors so i can have 100% of my screen covered and not having to alt tab to get on the second screen 

ok now let's go at the script after you install autohotkey or AHK  open a text file and copy paste this code

^!g::
WinGetTitle, currentWindow, A
IfWinExist %currentWindow%
{
   WinSet, Style, -0xC00000 ; hide title bar
   WinSet, Style, -0x800000 ; hide thin-line border
   WinSet, Style, -0x400000 ; hide dialog frame
   WinSet, Style, -0x40000 ; hide thickframe/sizebox
   WinMove, , , 0, 0, 1920, 1080
}   
return

ok after you copy paste this inside the text file save it and rename it from newNote.txt to CtrlAltG-borderless.ahk    you can name it what ever you like but i like it like that so i remember the key combination  to be in the name in case i forget   ok now things you can change 

^!g::  <--- this is the combination of buttons if you change to g to ... j the combination to activate it would be ctrl+alt+j

WinMove, , , 0, 0, 1920, 1080 <---resolution if your monitor is 1280 x 1024 or any other reasolution make sure to change this to WinMove, , , 0, 0, 1280, 1024

after you saved with the settings you want and saved it as ahk and the autohotkey program is running right click on it and choose run scrip then go to your windowed second life make sure is the active window ((normally the bar on top of it is blue instead of gray )) and push ctrl+alt+G and congratulations you made your sl border less

*this script works with any program not just sl !

2) how to reverse it ... well the problem was after that was done i was not able to change it back to not borderles but was an easy fix with a second script to do the reverse thing

^!h::
WinGetTitle, currentWindow, A
IfWinExist %currentWindow%
{
   WinSet, Style, +0xC00000 ; hide title bar
   WinSet, Style, +0x800000 ; hide thin-line border
   WinSet, Style, +0x400000 ; hide dialog frame
   WinSet, Style, +0x40000 ; hide thickframe/sizebox
   WinMove, , , 50,50, 800, 600
}   
return

this one i have it on  ctrl+alt+h  also on this line 

WinMove, , , 50,50, 800, 600 <--- make sure it does not start  from 0 0 but lower and the window is smaller than your resolution so the borders are in your screen and you can manipulate it as you like ! 

i hope people like my finding as useful i found it !! sadly i do not have  the original creator of the script link i found it few weeks back ... kind of randomly but it works so well i wanted to share !

Edited by d0n4
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2595 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.