You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 258 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have been secretly collecting the souls of everybody that posts on the forums.  I keep them in a Jim Beam commemorative bottle of young Elvis Presley.  Sometimes I summon two out and make them battl

I believe the FBI are the the investigative agency to contact about online criminality.   I think you should contact them forthwith and explain to them about your problems with these virtual vampires.

Last night I dreamed I was logged into SL. None of my animations were working. It seemed like my AO was broken. Then I realized my avatar was rendering as a particle. There was nothing I could do. It

Posted Images

• 11 months later...
On 3/16/2017 at 2:11 PM, Canoro Philipp said:

people may write your name on lists if they want, as your name is your intellectual property, you may report them to Linden Lab, they use it without your consent. Linden Lab may ask them to delete your name from the list, or else.

they should ask people if they want to be on a list before adding them, they do so to appear like if a big group of people is interested in their game, misrepresenting the popularity of the game to attract people. that's fraud. Linden Lab should take a look at it.

your best bet could be to report them for fraud and violation of intellectual property.

if there is a script that allows someone to do an action on another people without consent, there's not much to do about it, except being in places that don't allow scripts to run.

Fraud...

IP theft... 

Jfc you have no idea how anything works.

226.gif

On 3/16/2017 at 5:11 PM, Canoro Philipp said:

people may write your name on lists if they want, as your name is your intellectual property, you may report them to Linden Lab, they use it without your consent. Linden Lab may ask them to delete your name from the list, or else.

they should ask people if they want to be on a list before adding them, they do so to appear like if a big group of people is interested in their game, misrepresenting the popularity of the game to attract people. that's fraud. Linden Lab should take a look at it.

your best bet could be to report them for fraud and violation of intellectual property.

if there is a script that allows someone to do an action on another people without consent, there's not much to do about it, except being in places that don't allow scripts to run.

You can't Trademark a name, unless it is connected to a brand. So say, I wanted to use Sammy Lovecraft for a YouTube channel. I could trademark the name and the logo. But a name is not intellectual property. If that were the case, I could sue everyone who had the same name as me.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Anilyse7 said:

Jfc you have no idea how anything works.

I'm sure it's very confusing with the daunting amount of numbers appearing on the screen, but the post you quoted is close to three years old. 

• Like 1
On 2/8/2020 at 10:06 PM, Orwar said:

I'm sure it's very confusing with the daunting amount of numbers appearing on the screen, but the post you quoted is close to three years old. 

What numbers? 

Thank you for telling me how old the post is, necroposting is not against the rules so I can only assume you thought I cannot read (irony???) the date?

Yet you are talking of some nonexisting numbers being confusing? 

I was saying they do not understand how IPs work, nor do they understand how fraud works. Then again, reading is hard for some... Isn't it?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 258 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.