Marketplace not responding in timely manor

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2594 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

When I try to search for an item on marketplace it takes at least 60 secs to open the page. The second page opens quick then the third page takes at least 60 secs again. Every other page takes at least a minute to open (I have timed it).  I have tried Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, and Lunascape.  It does the same thing with all the browsers.  No other internet page does this.  As far as I can tell, this has been happening to me for a few months at least.  It makes it very hard to shop Marketplace. I have Windows 10 64 bit, 2.5g processor, 3g Nvidia gpu, and 24g ram. Internet is High speed cable 50mb.  I have talked to others who have the same problem.  When I first reported this to Linden it seemed to clear up so I thought it was fixed but after they closed my case the problem has returned.  Original case number 02463346, date of case Mar. 2, 2017

Thank you,

Kala Tigerfish

60 seconds does not really sound like a lot but when it takes at least 60 or more seconds for every other thing you click on to load, it gets very annoying especially when any other web page on any browser I use pops up almost instantly.  As stated earlier, I use many browsers and its the same on all of them I use.  Marketplace is the only site that it does that to me no matter what browser I use.  It sounds like equipment needs to be upgraded to handle the load.

Easy peasy, start IE 11 in InPrivate mode to bypass whatever scripting snafu is hanging you up on the Second Life Marketplace.

Marketplace is actually quite speedy.

Edited by Ardy Lay
  • Like 1

Thanks Ardy, that seems to be working at least for now.  It limits me to using only one browser for Marketplace but still I'm happy that it is working normal for me with InPrivate.  angeoco, I stopped using Firefox years ago when it got so laggy.  I will have to try it now and see if its improved.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2594 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.