I bought Linden Dollars but I haven't recieved them.

LemonSnout

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2563 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Waited 30mins before creating this post.

Just as the title says. Bought some $L, waited a while, balance is still the same as it was before ordering $L

Money was taken by LLabs from my bank account, but no $L for my toon.

Was I given the slip? Cheeeeeky.

16/03/2017.

10 answers to this question

Congratulations.  You did just the right thing.  The rest is easy.  Whenever you buy L$ or pay any bill to Linden Lab, they will look to the USD balance in your account first.  If there's enough money already in the account, they will use it to pay the obligation.  If not, they will charge your payment method (credit card, PayPal, or Skrill account) for the rest. For more information about using your account, read articles in the Knowledge Base:

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Pearlean said:

Hi, I bought Linden Dollars on April 4th ...LindeX Currency Limit Buy - and it said it would be 2 days.  Where would it be and what's the longest I have to wait

The longest? Forever.  Remember, the LindeX is not a shop.  It is a currency exchange.  You are offering to buy L$ from other SL residents, who may not be interested if your offer is too low.  If you have set an unrealistic target price, or if you get impatient waiting -- as I did this morning -- just go to the LindeX Order History on your dashboard at secondlife.com >>> LindeX and cancel the order.  The money that Linden Lab has been holding in an escrow account for your potential purchase will be released to the USD balance on your account immediately, so it's availble for you to place a new order.  This time, set a better Limit price or just use the Market Buy option for an immediate transaction.

Edited by Rolig Loon
Typos, of course.
  • Like 3

I don't know why the system would say that a limit buy will complete in two days. If you're offering to buy them at an exchange rate worse than anyone's willing to sell them at, you'll wait forever. If you want your L$ immediately, you should use "Instant Buy" not "Best Rate (Limit) Buy". Your order is probably still pending and you can cancel it. The US$ funds that were used to back up the limit order will be released into your US$ balance and can be used to execute an Instant Buy immediately.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

The longest? Forever.  Remember, the LindeX is not a shop.  It is a currency exchange.  You are offering to buy L$ from other SL residents, who may not be interested if your offer is too low.  If you have set an unrealistic target price, or if you get impatient waiting -- as I did this morning -- just go to the LindeX Order History on your dashboard at secondlife.com >>> LindeX and cancel the order.  The money that Linden Lab has been holding in an escrow account for your potential purchase will be released to the USD balance on your account immediately, so it's availble for you to place a new order.  This time, set a better Limit price or just use the Market Buy option for an immediate transaction.

If accidentally i pucharsed for LindeX and cancel the order.... how get a refund? or need open in case to my paypal?

7 hours ago, Rouse Hoxley said:

If accidentally i pucharsed for LindeX and cancel the order.... how get a refund? or need open in case to my paypal?

To return unused US$ funds from your SL account to PayPal, go to the Linden Exchange panel of your web dashboard and click "Manage" and then "Process Credit". It'll take 2-5 business days for the funds to transfer, and there will be a fee of US$3-15, depending on the amount transferred.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 1

You don't get a "refund".  The money that was held temporarily in an escrow account was transferred automatically to the USD balance in your SL account.  Take a look on your dashboard : secondlife.com >>> Account >>> Account Summary.  If you place a new LindeX order, Linden Lab will use that balance first to fill it.  If you really want to put the money back in your PayPal account, submit a Credit Transfer request.

• Like 1

OK , This is BS ,  i typed in secondlife.com . I paid for L's on the 11th and hven't recieved them yet, It's the 18th now. We shouldnt have to jump threw hoops of BS to get the L's we paid for. This is your sight 2ndLIFE . You do your work to run it, GIVE ME MY L'S. 

There's no point in ranting here.  We're all SL residents like you.  Lindens do not come to this site, so they will not even see your posts.  All we can do is try to help you learn how a currency exchange works.  If you have made a mistake by offering to buy L$ at a Limit price, just follow the instructions in earlier posts in this thread and cancel your order.  Then place a new order with Market Buy if you want an immediate purchase.

• Like 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2563 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.