Jump to content
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 192 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Hollie Leavitt said:

'cause it really was a stupid one and I wish I could take it all back!

The only stupid question is the one never asked. What may seem simple to you could a real brain-teaser for others. :)

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think this is an excellent idea to have a topic with some useful tips. I have pinned this thread so that it will continue to stay at the top of the forum.

As we are all learning how this new Forum works I am seeing helpful hints scattered through many threads. I've started this thread to help consolidate helpful hints in one place. The above i

The biggest problem is rehashing old info.  What was a common solution last year could be a problem of its own now.  Second Life is in a state of constant change.  Sims come and go.  Procedures get re

Posted Images

  • 1 month later...

ok, I have not been posting here much and so maybe I'm a little behind the times.  But what is so terrible about necro-posting?  I've enjoyed all of these necro threads that have sprung up recently....  There are plenty of asked and answered questions out there that could possibly benefit someone who hasn't seen it before. It's not like this forum is so terribly busy with new and exciting topics.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/16/2018 at 5:33 PM, kali Wylder said:

ok, I have not been posting here much and so maybe I'm a little behind the times.  But what is so terrible about necro-posting?  I've enjoyed all of these necro threads that have sprung up recently....  There are plenty of asked and answered questions out there that could possibly benefit someone who hasn't seen it before. It's not like this forum is so terribly busy with new and exciting topics.

Necroposting is frowned upon among the forum community because it is bad forum etiquette to reply to a discussion that has already ended.

Especially if the discussion ended YEARS ago like so many recently necroed threads have been.

Edited by Selene Gregoire
Link to post
Share on other sites

The problem is that although some questions are timeless, so an answer at any time may benefit people who read it years later, many necro-answers really only address the problem that the OP may have asked about.  Responding to a post like that is sort of silly, because you can assume reasonably that the OP has either solved the problem ages ago or left SL.  It's not always obvious which of those cases describe a specific ancient thread, but that's one reason why forum regulars scoff at necropositing. 

The other reason is that it's incredibly easy to get sucked into being a necroposter.  All you have to do is forget to look at the original date on the thread.  Then you are an instant doofus, worthy of a communal horse laugh.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/16/2018 at 7:33 PM, kali Wylder said:

But what is so terrible about necro-posting?  I've enjoyed all of these necro threads that have sprung up recently....  There are plenty of asked and answered questions out there that could possibly benefit someone who hasn't seen it before.

The biggest problem is rehashing old info.  What was a common solution last year could be a problem of its own now.  Second Life is in a state of constant change.  Sims come and go.  Procedures get refined.  Laws get reinterpreted.  In most cases no info is better than bad info.  There are things that were once common place and even considered best practice that will get you banned now.  It it best to leave those old discussions in the past and re-ask the questions so that only contemporary advice is shown.

  • Like 4
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

The problem is that although some questions are timeless, so an answer at any time may benefit people who read it years later, many necro-answers really only address the problem that the OP may have asked about.  Responding to a post like that is sort of silly, because you can assume reasonably that the OP has either solved the problem ages ago or left SL.  It's not always obvious which of those cases describe a specific ancient thread, but that's one reason why forum regulars scoff at necropositing. 

The other reason is that it's incredibly easy to get sucked into being a necroposter.  All you have to do is forget to look at the original date on the thread.  Then you are an instant doofus, worthy of a communal horse laugh.

The older the post/OP the more likely any solutions are out dated and no longer useful. Not saying that is always the case. Sometimes it's better to ask for information that may be all over the forum because you will get up to date answers. For the most part. There are those "timeless" issues where the solution never really changes but those are getting farther and fewer between.

Just my 2 cents.

  • Like 4
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

ich brauche hilfe !!
i need help !!

mein MP geht  seit  2  tagen  nicht .. 

es heisst ich   soll warten  ???  auf  was ??
ich heirate  in  einer   woche...   panick    !!
und   komme  nicht in  den MP... 
bitte    kann mir  jemand  helfen   

Danke  ♥

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Lilo Lane said:

ich brauche hilfe !!
i need help !!

mein MP geht  seit  2  tagen  nicht .. 

es heisst ich   soll warten  ???  auf  was ??
ich heirate  in  einer   woche...   panick    !!
und   komme  nicht in  den MP... 
bitte    kann mir  jemand  helfen   

Danke  ♥

I need help !!
i need help !!

my MP does not go for 2 days ..

it means I should wait ??? on what ??
I'm getting married in a week ... panick !!
and do not come in the MP ...
please can someone help me

Thank you ♥

Vielleicht solltest du im deutschen Forum nachfragen. Sie können Ihre Fragen leichter beantworten und mehr Informationen von Ihnen erhalten. https://community.secondlife.com/forums/forum/275-deutsches-forum/

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 9 months later...
On 11/1/2018 at 6:42 PM, Drake1 Nightfire said:

I just want to say perhaps larger typefont on the date of each post, perhaps in bold might help with... 

Necropost.jpg.bd545f14ac705ad23ab3e92c3f912458.jpg

I'm necroreplying... to an old comment on necroposting...

What Drake said. This. The current forum format makes necroposting so frikking easy to do accidentally. (I just did it on another thread without realizing it.)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Kimmi Zehetbauer said:

I think the mboard software has an auto-lock function, but the admin may want this thread kept open.

The Admins pretty much don't lock anything around here unless a thread gets out of control, goes totally off-kilter, or starts becoming a flame war.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/27/2019 at 11:08 AM, LittleMe Jewell said:

The Admins pretty much don't lock anything around here unless a thread gets out of control, goes totally off-kilter, or starts becoming a flame war.

🙋‍♂️  Me.  I got in trouble a month or so back.  🙄

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

Only once?!

I assume you mean once per day... 

source.gif.39bfb346d0e758e6ac75be6d5aff647e.gif

:D  🤣

I've gotten in trouble only 2 times in the SL forums -- once for saying typing a bad word in a way to bypass the filters and once for starting what the Moderators considered to be a 'Trolling thread' (complaining about Linden Home complainers).  The first one was a zero-point warning.  The second one resulted in one point and a day out of the forums - but I was still able to get inworld.

I learned a long, long time ago in forums to bite my tongue a lot.  If I start typing a response and I'm feeling angry/frustrated/etc...., I walk away before posting it.  After a few minutes doing something else, I reread it and most times either skip posting entirely or reword things to keep myself out of trouble -- Hence why some here think I have the patience of a Saint.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, softpinklips said:

How do I edit a post here?  Need to change land price.  Thanks

You can only edit a post within 24 hours of posting it - if you are in the right time frame, there will be a clickable "Edit" underneath the content of your post (just to the right of "Quote"). 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
On 3/15/2017 at 8:02 PM, Perrie Juran said:

ZOBhyOK.jpg

 

As we are all learning how this new Forum works I am seeing helpful hints scattered through many threads.

I've started this thread to help consolidate helpful hints in one place.

The above is my (first) contribution:  How to get a page to load "to the first unread content."

Please feel free to add other hints you think will be of benefit.

Thanks

Thank you for starting this tread. Now, lets see how long we can stay in it, and how helpful the hints are.

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, LulabellsAmour said:

 Now, lets see how long we can stay in it, and how helpful the hints are.

well its been going since 2017 and you can decide how helpful by reading the 4 current pages or add a hint of your own :) 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 9 months later...

Don't take anything personal, don't internalize what anyone says about you or how they might reply to what you say or post. Everyone here has varied and differing opinions that might not mesh up well with each other and may lead to major disagreements.

Remember sl is meant to be a fun place, so don't let someone elses problems ruin your fun while here or in world.

learn to ignore what you dont like and learn to use the block feature to remove those who you have problems with from your viewing.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 192 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...