Do you have many avatars? If so...are they diverse?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2525 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have many avatars. I currently play as 14 different individuals total in Second Life - they differ quite a bit in their physical characteristics.

Species: 9 humans, 4 non-humans (grey alien, dog, Pikachu, and parrot), and 1 shape-shifter (originally human but takes on many forms including inanimate objects)

Races of the human characters: 6 whites, 2 blacks, 1 East Asian. The shapeshifter's human form is East Asian as well.

Age: While my characters mostly look young, I have an older male human character. I'm portraying him as a constitutional monarch of a fictional kingdom.

I'm on the fence about whether I'll make more characters and how I'll make them unique.

Of the accounts I can still get to, I have this one, another female sometimes used for testing, a neko/cat shape-shifter that wonders aimlessly and two male humans.

Most of the time Rhonda is human with brown skin.  I never thought about race. Age: over 21.

I also have 3 doppelgangers out there that I know of. One with the last name Huntress; the other two are Residents.  All using some alternative spelling of Rhonda Huntress.  These are not my accounts; just accounts others have made to tease me with.  When it comes to having alts they are still alternative versions of me I guess :) 

I have a handful of avatars in addition to my main one, not alts as they are part of my main account, I made them to use for modeling in pictures so every picture i take isn't me, but I rarely use them. They are not very diverse, all cute white girls. I have one alt, which I also don't use much, again created primarily as a model for photos, and I don't bring her out much either, not even sure I still remember the pass word on that account. For the most part I always look basically the same when I am in SL, other than changes in hair style and color. My skin is somewhat dark, and people are sometimes unsure as to my race depending on my choice of hair. 

I have a handful of alts: 4 of them used for roleplay, one used for trying out the different TPVs and Project Viewers to stay up to date.

Gender: 2x male (adults) and 3x female (2 adults and a teen avatar).

With one male alt, I played a principal in a High School RP,  and a merchant/spy in a Fantasy RP setting; one female alt was a Gorean Scribe, and later a "Girl Friday" in the aforementioned High School RP; the other male alt is a test alt, for trying out viewers and stuff; and with my other female adult alt I once played a handicapped character.

My teen alt is based on a protagonist of one of my stories, so she's my darling alt. I log in almost as often as her as I do with this my main account.

I don't have any alts but I have considered making one for photography purposes. I think what has held me back so far is the time and cost I'd have to invest to creating an asset I may not use very often. But I definitely think about it periodically.

• Like 2

It's 5 accounts per email address.They originally had it per IP address but changed that with those in colleges often sharing the same IP as well as those in the same household (we have 3 people living here). I have 3 male and a number of female. They have different skins, hair, heights, ages. I use them for models and for NPC's where I'm an admin for RP. 

• Like 1

I guess I technically have 3. I have an alt who I use to teach with, but I also have a kid body so I can do clothing tests and photos for my main. I have some other avatars for my main, but they only exist for testing purposes and likely wouldn't ever be used on their own.

Beyond that, RP outfits are costumes, though I do talk about the RP characters a little differently.

• 4 weeks later...

I have 4 other accounts, but only one has ever actually had an SL life, per se.  That one was my original main account, but a few months after coming to SL, I created this account and it became the main, with the other delegated to only the occasional login.  One other is a male, just because I was dared once to create one and try to see if I could pass it off in conversation with people - that didn't last long as I cannot mimic a male very well.  One other is a female just because I liked the name -- a friend and I were coming up with kooky first names to go with last names to form puns and such.  The final one was just because I wanted to go through the entire 'new account' process again to see how things had changed over the years.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

Too many to list here without mods going "NO U DONT DO DAT!", heres is a listing of my My Inventory/Avatars/ directory, might be slightly out of date: http://crocuta.softhyena.com/avatar_list.txt

As for gender diversity: No idea, I know I have some male, some female, some herm, etcetc, I don't keep track of this.

As for race/species diversity: SPECIES diversity, except for human which I cannot use because with furry avatars I just slap on hair and call it a day, human avatars would take a lot of time to set up and I am quite lazy.

As for age diversity: No they are all the same age as me 99% of the time(with rare exceptionations such as dracolich).

I just be what I want when I feel like it. :v

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2525 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.