Editing and deleting

Bee Nexen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2589 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

To use the forums to advertise land will be very difficult if we can't edit posts. As land becomes rented and vacated it is important to have accurate and up-to-date information provided.

Is there a way to delete posts? This is also important, however the forums will become insane if every realtor has to post a new topic every time they need to update their advertisement.

• Like 1

• Administrators

Hey Bee,

Unfortunately there will be no ability to delete posts at this time. What you may consider doing, rather than posting a new topic, is just posting an update in the actual thread, I have seen various land owners doing this already and it seems to be working without issue. Alternatively as I am betting you already know, we do also offer the option to take out a classified ad for land within Second Life as well.

Thanks for contacting me. As we discussed, I would appreciate it if you would take this feedback to whomever it needs to go. This was an unexpected change and a grace period would be appreciated, and a deleting option would be appreciated even more. No matter how many times we update our posts, the links on our old posts that go directly into tenant's homes will never go away, so posting an update is not sufficient. I would like the opportunity to remove my old posts in respect of my tenants' privacy. Thank you.

Edited by Bee Nexen
  • Like 2

I agree with the ability to delete posts. People often rant with emotion or just say silly things, hit post and then regret it. I'm sure I'm not alone. :$

Another example: One time I posted under an alt name by mistake. I was responding to someone, and it would have made no sense for the unknown alt to be responding, so I deleted the post.

Edited by Rya Nitely

I think Bee is 100% spot on in her concern about this issue, and, I suspect many others would agree once they discover they can no longer edit or delete their posts (for the reasons Bee states).

As for hiding it, if it's hidden from EVERYONE that might be a solution, but, I suspect Avery is only referring to the ability to hide it from yourself as read, but, we're all learning here so if there is some way to remove your postings by hiding them from all please let us know.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2589 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.