Question Regarding Posting

Lex Macabre

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2595 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi there

I don't use the forum much but do occasionally and now everything has changed.

I would like to post about a new Gacha Event/Yard that has opened 

Is this allowed and if so under what section am I allowed to post that in?

Thank you for your time

Yeah see this is what I thought. It is a perm business.

I am not sure what category that would be under. I looked all over it but I couldn't see.

If someone knows under which part I could, I would love to know or a confirmation that its definitely restricted.

It's interesting. The guidelines (located here) do not say that you can not advertise your business. However they do say that you can only do it in forum categories designated specifically for that. And there does not seem to be any, so I guess that technically means you can't advertise... Really it is very unclear what you should do.

Edited by Dante Tucker

28 minutes ago, Dante Tucker said:

It's interesting. The guidelines (located here) do not say that you can not advertise your business. However they do say that you can only do it in forum categories designated specifically for that. And there does not seem to be any, so I guess that technically means you can't advertise... Really it is very unclear what you should do.

• Spamming, Solicitation and Advertising: Spamming is not allowed. This includes aggressive self-promotion. No advertising or promotion of specific Second Life merchants, Marketplace listings, products, or services, unless the forum area is specifically for the buying or selling of Second Life products or services, for example, a “for sale” or “wanted” forum. Do not reference other websites offering any product or service.

That says you cant advertise unless it's in a category that allows it, "for example, a “for sale” or “wanted” forum." You can not advertise your business in the forums.  You can post about an item for sale or reply to a wanted post with the appropriate link.. 

The convention in the past has been that you can advertize in the Land forums and the Wanted and InWorld Employment forums, but very few others.  The Fashion forum has become a de facto exception.  The moderators have been pretty vigilant about removing ads from other forums.  I have no idea whether that practice will continue in the future.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2595 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.