Land Impact and Temporary Status

Moon Corrigible

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2598 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am so confused.

I have a script rezzing objects which go into the box as temporary.  They show as temporary when I edit them.  But for some reason they are still counting against the prim limit (the region capacity is going down by the land impact of the item.)  But when I just rez a box and click it to temporary it does not reduce the region capacity.  What am I missing here?

I am officially going insane.

I have a swan rezzer that uses llRezAtRoot to rez temporary swan boats.  That works fine - the boats do not count against the total prim count until you actually sit in them.  Great.   But when I have a stool rez temporary fairies that buzz around the little buggers count against my prim count, even though they SAY they are temporary (the box is clicked when I edit them).  Both scripts are using llRezAtRoot.  I used the 'bob the box' trick and had the boat rezzer rez a temporary box with no scirpts.   That didn't reduce my available prims, so its not a PRIM_TEMP_ON_REZ thing. I can not for the life of me think what I could be missing!

Persistant temp rezzers are of the Devil... I've seen sims with a firefly rezzer oin it, rezzing 30 of the little swines, take a 60% hit in sim FPS every 30 seconds...

THere's a good reason why persistant temp rezzers are banned on many rental sims.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2598 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.