Phil Deakins

No way to reply to a specific post?

Either I've missed it completely, or it doesn't exist, but I can't see a way to reply to a specific post. I can only see a way to reply to the thread as a whole. If it doesn't exist, it's a serious omission, imo, especially since posts show no indication as to which post (or person) is being replied to unless it is quoted. I don't like that at all.

5 hours ago, Phil Deakins said:

Either I've missed it completely, or it doesn't exist, but I can't see a way to reply to a specific post. I can only see a way to reply to the thread as a whole. If it doesn't exist, it's a serious omission, imo, especially since posts show no indication as to which post (or person) is being replied to unless it is quoted. I don't like that at all.

Test 2

I hadn't used quoting on the old site, when I tried it on this one I was frustrated to learn that you have to type stuff FIRST before you paste the quote or it wouldn't let me type anything after I pasted the quote.  Seemed a bit backwards.

5 hours ago, Phil Deakins said:

I see the forum as flat so any reply goes on the bottom.  Hitting the Quote is the only way I see to denote who you are commenting to.

4 minutes ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

Test 2

4 minutes ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

Test to see if this shows as a reply...

Multiquote is fast and easy. :)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

I see the forum as flat so any reply goes on the bottom.  Hitting the Quote is the only way I see to denote who you are commenting to.

2 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

Multiquote is fast and easy. :)

Nice!

I'm imagining the confusion that will be generated in the GD sub-forum, which often has threads in which multiple discussions are occuring simultaneously. I can envisage fights breaking out right left and centre when people assume that a reply is meant for them when it was a reply to an earlier post :)

Edited by Phil Deakins
  • Like 1

I'd thought of that before. It's another method, but still not as good as the real thing. I also received a notification that I'd been mentioned in a post but I didn't put 2 and 2 together when I saw the @Phil Deakins in your post Dante. It took a real brain like yours to join them up :)

Edited by Phil Deakins
typos

1 minute ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

So how do you insert the mention?

Click the "Quote" button or select the text then a "quote" button pops up. There's a third way but I tire..

Hmm.. now I cannot delete that test post.

Not even this one. o.O

Edited by Coby Foden
"Not even this one" text added.

47 minutes ago, Coby Foden said:

Hmm.. now I cannot delete that test post.

Not even this one. o.O

Deletes apparently are not allowed.  Best I've seen is someone edit the post saying somethign along the lines of 'ETA - comments deleted'

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Deletes apparently are not allowed.  Best I've seen is someone edit the post saying somethign along the lines of 'ETA - comments deleted'

But you only have 24 hours to do it.

22 minutes ago, Perrie Juran said:

I tried to delete my post just after few minutes since posting and I couldn't find any way to do it.
Is the delete thing hidden somewhere, or not available at all?

Edited by Coby Foden

There is no way to delete a post. The best you can do is remove the content before the 24 hours is up, and replace it with something like, 'Just ignore and let this one die' :)

22 minutes ago, Perrie Juran said:

24 hours to edit a post?  I just edited a comment that I posted on Tue afternoon.