No way to reply to a specific post?

Phil Deakins

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2568 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Either I've missed it completely, or it doesn't exist, but I can't see a way to reply to a specific post. I can only see a way to reply to the thread as a whole. If it doesn't exist, it's a serious omission, imo, especially since posts show no indication as to which post (or person) is being replied to unless it is quoted. I don't like that at all.

5 hours ago, Phil Deakins said:

Either I've missed it completely, or it doesn't exist, but I can't see a way to reply to a specific post. I can only see a way to reply to the thread as a whole. If it doesn't exist, it's a serious omission, imo, especially since posts show no indication as to which post (or person) is being replied to unless it is quoted. I don't like that at all.

Test 2

5 hours ago, Phil Deakins said:

I see the forum as flat so any reply goes on the bottom.  Hitting the Quote is the only way I see to denote who you are commenting to.

3 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

I see the forum as flat so any reply goes on the bottom.  Hitting the Quote is the only way I see to denote who you are commenting to.

2 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

Multiquote is fast and easy. :)

Nice!

I'm imagining the confusion that will be generated in the GD sub-forum, which often has threads in which multiple discussions are occuring simultaneously. I can envisage fights breaking out right left and centre when people assume that a reply is meant for them when it was a reply to an earlier post :)

Edited by Phil Deakins
  • Like 1

I'd thought of that before. It's another method, but still not as good as the real thing. I also received a notification that I'd been mentioned in a post but I didn't put 2 and 2 together when I saw the @Phil Deakins in your post Dante. It took a real brain like yours to join them up :)

Edited by Phil Deakins
typos

• 3 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, Perrie Juran said:

But you only have 24 hours to do it.

I tried to delete my post just after few minutes since posting and I couldn't find any way to do it.
Is the delete thing hidden somewhere, or not available at all?

Edited by Coby Foden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2568 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.