Marketplace is failing to update Relevance Sort

Arwen Serpente

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1249 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi All :)

For over a week now, the Relevance Sort on the Marketplace has been stuck/frozen and has not updated on a daily basis as it should.  It may have an impact on sales since item rankings and visibility are not updating. There's a JIRA created to report this to LL and get a fix.  Please add your comments if you've noticed the Relevance sort is broken.  JIRA is here:

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-41523

Just checked and this morning it did update. So, LL may have seen the JIRA and resolved the issue. If I knew how to use the new forums, I would edit my original post rather than replying to myself. If the Relevance sort does not work as expected over the next few days, I'll come back with another update.

Ok, so Relevance is updating. However, Best Selling is a total jumble.  I never use this sort because it has never been well defined and was subject to bugs when the new search was implemented.  So, I don't know if Best Selling was never actually fixed, or if this is a new malfunction.  In any case, Best Selling does not reflect best selling (historically, by volume, by value, or by recency).  I added the comment to the JIRA that is already opened.

So pleased you posted this as I was about to point it out.

I uploaded my first mesh avatar build (a cute mini giraffe) to the marketplace on Monday. After doing some marketing/telling all my tiny friends inworld I was delighted to sell 3 that same day on Monday then 3 the following day on Tuesday. Obviously I was hoping for a bump in the categories to set my new item up for future sales but it stayed stuck at the bottom of all the rankings until Wednesday, when I suspected it had only registered the last sale or two, not all 6. On Wednesday it reached the top of my store page and page 5 of the animal avatar category, but it didn't stay there long. It very soon slipped back down the rankings, including even on my store page after I'd sold one or two minor items.

Weirdly though today (Friday) the avatar is back at the top of my store page despite not having sold another one since Tuesday and despite having sold a greeting card overnight. It's also on page 12 of the animal avatar categories so I don't know if that is as expected or not. Anyway, it's all rather confusing and I hope this doesn't happen again. I can't help feeling I've missed out on an opportunity. :/ If the powers that be could give my dear little giraffe a nudge if she did indeed miss out on those juicy topmost tree leaves we'd both be very grateful!

• 3 years later...

MP Relevance = relevant but no separation between new and old products hence why you commonly see new players leaving bad reviews because a product made in 2012 didn't fit their mesh body...

MP Newest = No relevancy

MP Best selling = weighted toward old products hence why you commonly see new players leaving bad reviews because a product made in 2012 didn't fit their mesh body...

Doesn't matter the glitch, MP will always be broken until they rework their search engine.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1249 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.