And Now We Can See Who Our Stalkers Are

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2512 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 minutes ago, mikka Luik said:

Avery, it is quite common on forae (is that the plural or is it fori? forumz?).

Both fora and forums are the plural of forum.  Technically fora is specific to the old Roman forums or political plazas.  But it sounds cool and it a bit fun anachronism to apply to computer forums so it is often used as well.  Either is ok in common usage. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Avery Crazyboi said:

Are you being rude on purpose or are you just ignorant

Yes.

Actually I thought it was a silly joke but then I thought those misspellings were intentional.  Since my comment was on purpose and I was ignorant of your intent,  I'll take option A.

Edited by Rhonda Huntress
  • Like 4

Ooh, haha, stalker = who looks at your profile.  That's one of the 'notification alert' possibilities.  That's funny, I don't actually care.  Why do people care who's looking at their profile?  (yes, serious question......)  you don't actually have to put anything on your profile if you don't want anyone to see anything.  

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Treasure Ballinger said:

Ooh, haha, stalker = who looks at your profile.  That's one of the 'notification alert' possibilities.  That's funny, I don't actually care.  Why do people care who's looking at their profile?  (yes, serious question......)  you don't actually have to put anything on your profile if you don't want anyone to see anything.  

Some people care if someone is looking (the paranoid).

Some people care more if no one is looking (those who like attention).

I hope they don't put this feature on Facebook, or my ex-boyfriends'/husband's wives are gonna be comin' after meeeeeee ;)

Stalking roools !

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Treasure Ballinger said:

Why do people care who's looking at their profile?

One of my recent visitors was a Linden.  Should I be flattered or afraid?

Not that I have a guilty conscious or anything.

I have never been involved in any form of wiretapping, packet sniffing, counterfeit money laundering, surreal estate sales, underground furry cosmetic testing or anything involving a metric ton of Jell-o™. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

Yes.

Actually I thought it was a silly joke but then I thought those misspellings were intentional.  Since my comment was on purpose and I was ignorant of your intent,  I'll take option A.

Looks like you have a new best friend, Rhonda! ;-)

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

One of my recent visitors was a Linden.  Should I be flattered or afraid?

Not that I have a guilty conscious or anything.

I have never been involved in any form of wiretapping, packet sniffing, counterfeit money laundering, surreal estate sales, underground furry cosmetic testing or anything involving a metric ton of Jell-o™. 

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

3 hours ago, Avery Crazyboi said:

But I want to be able to block people from seeing it

If you don't 'Enable' it, then there's nothing for anyone to see.  You can't see who visited your profile and neither can anyone else, unless you 'Enable' it.  

, an

I just went to look, Avery, and there's nothing to see on your profile, it's all blank, except for your prior posts on various of the forums.  Nothing personal about you, at all, no profile information at all, so just don't 'Enable' it and no one will see anything.  

• 1 month later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2512 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.