GongYoo

Kinda need help and don't know where to ask.

Sorry in advance if this doesn't go here but I can't figure out the correct place to put it. Anyway I have land and I have a security orb which is at around 40m up off the floor on top of my house and have a store at 1000m, I keep seeing the same people teleport to my land and I wondered if they were trying to get into the store. The landing point is clear so it's not sending them to the ground by accident I don't think. My orb is scanning at 256 and is set to parcel only but I was wondering if it's somehow scanning as high as the store? Is that possible? Thanks in advance and sorry again if this is the wrong area.

You can test your orb by using an alt or asking someone to and see if it's problematic. If not then there's probably another reason why you keep seeing people teleporting to your land. (outdated landmarks, past land listings, etc)

I think you are wondering if the security is reaching up to the store and removing people from there, depositing them on your land. The answer to that would be no. A security device can either send an avatar to its home, or remove it from the parcel. It doesn't have the option of depositing the avatar at another spot on the same parcel.

Edited by Phil Deakins
Typo

5 hours ago, lucagrabacr said:

You can test your orb by using an alt or asking someone to and see if it's problematic. If not then there's probably another reason why you keep seeing people teleporting to your land. (outdated landmarks, past land listings, etc)

Assuming I found the right location from GongYoo's profile Picks, I tried it out and I'm pretty sure it's exactly that: old links to the location in one form or another. It could be any of many things left behind by a previous owner. For example, just before this I followed a Classified ad link to a no-entry parcel: the store moved, but its owner is still paying (a lot) each week to route would-be customers to a hostile location.

At one point, somebody proposed a kind of "permalink" scheme for in-world businesses, instead of the impossible to update Landmarks, SLURLs, etc. That idea may have gotten the attention it deserved if only LL hadn't been stupidly trying to migrate all commerce to Marketplace.

• Like 1