You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2563 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

No liking is for haters, and a haters' gonna hate. DO NOT LIKE

30 minutes ago, Rya Nitely said:

Let me see if I can make it clearer - if you do not like not liking then to not like is to like not liking, or in other words to like or not to like - that is the question O.o

• 2 weeks later...

So to recap:  Reputation is now based on Likes and was populated with the old Kudos.  Makes sense.

As of yesterday you could see Who Likes What both on the posts and from the Reputation link on the Profile page which is kind of cool.

As was mentioned Kudos weren't available in the old Merchant forum (waves hello to fellow Merchants) so I'd like to thank K Kwan who "kudoed" me back in July 2013 for some response I made about Materials.  Without you, I'd currently be unlikeable ;)

Edited by TatianaDokuchic Varriale
typo
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Phil Deakins said:

hehe, I think you mean unliked rather than unlikeable. I have no doubt that you are a very likeable pesron :)

Awwww, thanks Phil that's kind of you.  I should know better than to post anything before I've had my morning coffee though in that state I'm probably pretty unlikeable as well :)

On a related note, all this talk about "liking" made me think bact to Sally Fields' Oscar classic acceptance speech.  I was going to post a "You really like me" meme but then stumbled on this instead The Science of ‘You Like Me! You Really Like Me!’.  Interesting stuff.  My guess is that a "dislike" has the opposite effect (though proportionally bigger) so I'm really glad it wasn't included in this new community forum.

1 minute ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

I wonder it limits how often you can like a specific user.  Maybe it limits to a percentage of your total likes.

*shrugs*

As far as I can figure out, this is the first time I've Liked a post from this user. I Liked another post in the same discussion (first time as well for that user as well) and it went through without a pop-up.  I was wondering if the user themself could set something but didn't see anything in user settings.  Go figure.

I'm pretty sure I know the thread you 'liked' in, Tatiana - one I started?

I haven't come across the message you got though, so I can't suggest a reason why you might have got it. Maybe too many Likes in quick succession? - similar to trying to post again, or even save an edit, within 30 seconds of the posting.

On Forum Ranks, which I'm sure was mentioned in this thread. It occured to me that the existing ranks won't auto-change like they used to. I haven't heard anything about them being implemented in this software and, if it's not, the ranks are permanent. Just a thought.

10 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

I'm pretty sure I know the thread you 'liked' in, Tatiana - one I started?

I haven't come across the message you got though, so I can't suggest a reason why you might have got it. Maybe too many Likes in quick succession? - similar to trying to post again, or even save an edit, within 30 seconds of the posting.

Hi Phil, yes that's the one!

It was my very first Like of the day so the limit wasn't on my side.  Perhaps she was getting a lot of Likes at that same time just by coincidence?

I wish I would have done a screen cap to show the exact wording but the pop-up triggered my "kill it fast before it breeds" reflex and I'd already dismissed it before thinking about it.

heh! I ought to upload one, didn't I. It's not the first time it's been suggested. The previous time even have been you. The face is the same as before though, but I didn't upload one for the previous software either. I'll do it, though not right now.

Dunnit :)

Edited by Phil Deakins
  • Like 1

On 14/03/2017 at 8:28 PM, Perrie Juran said:

So now we not only have "rank" but we have reputation also.

Wonder how this works.

http://tinypic.com/r/vpwacp/9

And what about this little bit of .. fun(?)

https://community.secondlife.com/leaderboard

Whatever next shall be discovered in all the sekret hidden places that are the new (and improved?) forums?

• Like 2

On ‎4‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 8:30 AM, TatianaDokuchic Varriale said:

Further on Reputation - I justed Liked a post and got a pop-up message something along the lines of "You are not allowed to give Reputation to this user" though it allowed the Like to remain.  What's up with that?

I've been getting this *a lot* today.

eta: Did some digging on this and it may be from double clicking the "like" button accidentally. I know I haven't exceeded the Like limit for the day if LL has even set one, but I have been having trouble with my mouse at work. *rummages around to find a spare to switch out*

Edited by Clover Jinx

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2563 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.