Sign in to follow this  
DagonThyne

Need help starting an original roleplay

I am currently working on starting a new action adventure roleplay.  This is not based on any books, television, movies, comics, games, etc....It will have an original storyline, races, game world, etc.....

I plan on using a combat system similar to what is used on Gorean roleplay sims.  I need help creating the starting storylines, races, etc., 

I am also looking for bulders who can help put together a sim once I get land for it.

I could help with storylines and race creation. I'm a tabletop gamer and approach roleplaying in SL a little differently than most. Storylines for me would be various ploy threads that players can choose to run with, rather than a single immutable backstory.

I'd like to do so on the condition that child avatars not be banned from the sim like so many others. Kids want to roleplay too, but there are few options outside of school and family roleplay. In almost any genre, there would be child and teen protagonists, and it's unfortunate that so many ban them without reason.

• Like 2

Most sim ban child avatars because there is adult oriented activies such as sex.  That is the reason they are banned in Gorean RP sims. 

as for your backstory idea.  I agree.  I usually go with different backstories for every race, and the world as a whole, but allow players to have their own backstories for their characters, as long as it at least would be canon to the game world.

You're planning to use a combat-HUD as a dice-roller?

SL has a large contingent of non-HUD roleplayers that you might want to attract by going more free-form and less-HUD.

So far as the roleplay-style, were you planning to go parapost?