Jump to content

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Perrie Juran said:

Looks are one thing but what about functionality?  I can point to some serious shortcomings on that point.  Like the ability to go to the first unread post in a thread.   Or where to host pictures for use here?  Have failed with photobucket and tinypic but I did succeed by ripping a URL off of someone else's web site.  For however buggy Lithium may have been it also had some extremely useful features.

I'd wondered about the lack of the ability to go to the first unread post, and I'm hoping that it's because it's set from scratch. I'm waiting to see if that feature appears when new posts are added to threads I've just read.

Another shortcoming that I find annoying is that there is no indication as to who, or what post, a post is replying to, and no link to go to the replied-to post to see. Or I haven't found it yet.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Phil I just liked your post to improve your rep.

Send cash to ....

 

ETA I see my own warnings on my profile page and have not seen anyone else's yet. Am I the only bad boy here? Or are they not public?

Edited by Derek Torvalar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Perrie Juran said:

Looks are one thing but what about functionality?  I can point to some serious shortcomings on that point.  Like the ability to go to the first unread post in a thread.   Or where to host pictures for use here?  Have failed with photobucket and tinypic but I did succeed by ripping a URL off of someone else's web site.  For however buggy Lithium may have been it also had some extremely useful features.

Tinypic seems to work for me, as does https://ctrlq.org/images/ (which looks easier to use), and I've already posted something using Gyazo.  

:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Derek Torvalar said:

Hey Phil I just liked your post to improve your rep.

Send cash to ....

 

ETA I see my own warnings on my profile page and have not seen anyone else's yet. Am I the only bad boy here? Or are they not public?

Nope they are not public. But now we all know you are bad :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Innula Zenovka said:

Tinypic seems to work for me, as does https://ctrlq.org/images/ (which looks easier to use), and I've already posted something using Gyazo.  

:

Tnypic works, that is, if you use the code in the bottom box, labeled "Direct Link for Layouts," in the Grab Your Code section.   Just grabbing the page's url doesn't work/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Derek Torvalar said:

Hey Phil I just liked your post to improve your rep.

Send cash to ....

 

ETA I see my own warnings on my profile page and have not seen anyone else's yet. Am I the only bad boy here? Or are they not public?

I cant see any warnings on your page

What fo you have to do to get them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Avery Crazyboi said:

I cant see any warnings on your page

What fo you have to do to get them

At this point in my career here just about anything gets me a warning or a ban.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Innula Zenovka said:

Tinypic seems to work for me, as does https://ctrlq.org/images/ (which looks easier to use), and I've already posted something using Gyazo.  

:

blARh1f.jpg

 

I like that https://ctrlq.org/images/ 

But if I was trying to keep track of images I use all the time I might prefer http://imgur.com/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really, this forum system not looks bad.

It looks like it's having all filter option you need.

hope the use this same forum system for SanSar. I think that is going to work fine.

 

The only need to replace the wrong 'P' html code for 'br' so i do not get a linefeed between every line when you use the enter key to format your posting. cannot find a pre format option for posting.

Edited by Richardus Raymaker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Richardus Raymaker said:

Really, this forum system not looks bad.

It looks like it's having all filter option you need.

hope the use this same forum system for SanSar. I think that is going to work fine.

 

The only need to replace the wrong 'P' html code for 'br' so i do not get a linefeed between every line when you use the enter key to format your posting. cannot find a pre format option for posting.

Try using the 
   _____          _        _           _   _              
  / ____|        | |      | |         | | | |             
 | |     ___   __| | ___  | |__  _   _| |_| |_ ___  _ __  
 | |    / _ \ / _` |/ _ \ | '_ \| | | | __| __/ _ \| '_ \ 
 | |___| (_) | (_| |  __/ | |_) | |_| | |_| || (_) | | | |
  \_____\___/ \__,_|\___| |_.__/ \__,_|\__|\__\___/|_| |_|
                               
for preformatted text

That's all I can think of right now. I don't like the way it is now either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For short lines.
That you want to keep together.
Use Shift-Enter

For a new paragraph, use Enter.
That's how it normally works in most editors anyway.

Edited by Rhonda Huntress
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well i used many forums. but this the FIRST one
you need to hold shift-enter. but it seems to work.

Thanks.
(still hope the use this forum system for sansar to)
 

Edited by Richardus Raymaker
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...