Suggested land default setting. "Restrict sounds to this parcel"

MadmanJohn

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3013 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi everyone.

I am putting this thread up to make a suggestion and I am asking anyone that agrees to add their post as well.

We were all new at one point in here and I have a situation I have encountered several times over the years. Recently a new person moved on to my home sim and they are a young player. They have a tv and evidently have started a star wars movie, logged out and have been gone for 5 days now and it is still playing on repeat.

The setting to "restrict all sounds to this parcel" needs to be enabled by default, and let the user choose to disable it as needed. This is just logical as new land owners do not always know the things to set land up properly. I have also had this problem on my Linden land and usually if you talk to them it is never a problem and most often they are not aware the setting even exists, all the more reason that it should be enabled by default.

I can always mute my own sounds to stop it but the problem is also that I cannot use our tv or hear anything else either.

I have left notecards and such but I also have a security system and they have not logged back in since this started or at the very least have not come back home to stop it yet.

Either way, this should be a default setting when land is sold, rented or has changed hands. On by default, off by owner / renter choice.

Would like to see some of your views and I think most experienced players would agree.

Thanks

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3013 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.