Does lara mesh body included head?

CarolCandy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2559 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recently i buy maitreya lara mesh body but i dont know is it included with mesh head too? if not i want to buy mesh head and eyes too, any store suggestions d be awesome too

ps. im so lost on mesh thing im recently started again to play, is there any guide for mesh body? I have maitreya and my clothes and tatootes not seen 

No, Maitreya don't make heads and the body does not come with one.  You can either: 1. use your system head and buy appliers for the body to match your skin, 2. buy a mesh head from Lelutka (which uses the same Glam Affair skins as the Maitreya body HUD) or 3. buy a different mesh head and matching appliers for head and body.

No head is included.

CarolCandy wrote:

if not i want to buy mesh head and eyes too, any store suggestions d be awesome too

Sure!  First thing you need is to get demos. Demo!!! Demo, demo, demo and demo.  Then demo.  Did I mention you need to demo before buying?  Patience and demos are required.

Lelutka, LOGO and Catwa are popular and are ones that I am familiar with.  They each carry several heads for you to choose from. 

While you are shopping you will notice that some heads will say "Bento" in their description.  Without going into details, Bento heads respond to more sliders and are more customizable.  They all react differently to the sliders so don't assume anything from one to the next.  Demo and see how they act.

CarolCandy wrote:

ps. im so lost on mesh thing im recently started again to play, is there any guide for mesh body? I have maitreya and my clothes and tatootes not seen 

Mesh Body Addicts is a good place to start.

Your clothes and tattoos are another matter.  Anything that is applied to the system avatar is not going to work with a mesh body.  Think of the mesh body like a big prim that covers your system body because that is exactly what is happening.  How do you put a tattoo on a box?  You don't.  You can put a texture on it but not a tattoo or a shirt.  Those are special things that only work with the system body.  With mesh you have a different body now.

This is something many people miss.  If you want to go full mesh body, you can just throw away all those system clothes, socks, tattoos and even shoes if they were made before mesh.  Unless the clothes have appliers (scripted devices that will put a texture on your mesh body) you can bag them up and drop them off at Goodwill.  -- That's a metaphor, while you might do that in RL there is no way to donate no transfer clothes in SL.

• Like 1

Mesh Body Addicts is a great resource for tutorials - she has two whole sections devoted to them, including video! - and also for reviews on bodies and heads.

Really quickly, though, the reason you're not seeing your clothing or tattoos is that they're system layers. System layers apply to the system body. When you wear a mesh body, you're also wearing the alpha, which makes your regular starter body invisible. That means that anything painted on that body, like your clothes, is ALSO invisible. You need mesh clothing, and/or clothing appliers. An applier is a HUD you attach to your screen, then click to make it "talk" to the mesh body and paint the clothes onto that, instead of the system avatar. If you have a lot of very old clothes, you probably don't have appliers, so you may need to go on a shopping trip to find some. There's also LOTS of mesh clothing, called fitmesh, made specifically to fit the Maitreya mesh body, so look for that, too.

If you're still getting the head of a mesh body, you may want to wait a bit on the head. The learning curve is quite a bit steeper! First off, as mentioned, there's Bento and non-Bento. Bento means you can change the face much more than you can with a non-Bento head (although still not quite as much as with a standard avatar head). It also means there's a lot more fiddling with your shape to get things to look right. When you try demos, if you try Bento demos, make sure you wear the shape that comes with the demo, or you will look very, very strange! You can modify that shape to your tastes, but it's best to start with it.

We're not really supposed to recommend specific stores. Mesh Body Addicts will give you lots of places to look for clothing and for heads, though. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

No head, but some system skins that are out there are very pretty with the mesh body if you can't afford the mesh head.

Also, remember if you buy a mesh head, you are going to need an applier for the head to match the mesh body skin for the Lara body.

Myself, I use the Catwa head with my Lara body, then I have the SLink hands and feet with it.

You will also find that you might need to find a neck fix if it doesn't blend properly.  

Always use DEMO if you're not sure.  Just because you see a skin you like, it will look differently on the shape.

Better to be safe, than sorry.  

Especially with the BENTO heads and hands now out.

ALSO some tattoos might not work on a MESH head, so talk to the designer of the skins to see if they will work with you in case you do use a tattoo to the face.

• 2 weeks later...

Another tip is click add and not wear, cos it can remove clothing or hair. I was in a boat, went to wear an oar and my top flew off, what was embarrassing, as i was i was in a boat with a guy lmao

Highly recommend the slink feet too, as a lot of shoes that say they are for Maitreya don't work, you end up with an invisible foot lol. Ooh and in the folder with the shoes you can add hands and feet hud to add nail varnish :)

It takes a good while to get the hang of the new mesh, but worth it. I don't have a mesh head as i love how my avi looks, i use one of the Noya skins and blend well with my mesh body :) 

Just back up your old avi incase anything goes weird when trying new skins/shapes too.

Good luck and have fun shopping for new clothes and shoes :)

54 minutes ago, Misty Selentiak said:

Highly recommend the slink feet too, as a lot of shoes that say they are for Maitreya don't work, you end up with an invisible foot lol. Ooh and in the folder with the shoes you can add hands and feet hud to add nail varnish :)

I ditched my slink feet in favor of the Maitreya ones, because its way easier than handling two seperate mesh products and also easier to make boots fit, that have visible feet and go up the legs. I have NEVER (as: not a single time ever) had any problems with fitting or visability. It worked absolutly flawless from day one for me.

• Like 3

I also agree with Syo—stick with Maitreya's feet. You shouldn't have any issues finding high quality product and it will be less of a hassle for you. The body itself should include a NC containing general instructions. Outside of that Maitreya does have a group and most people are generally very helpful in answering questions about her products. Alternatively you can always reach for help here on the forums.

Rhonda posted a link to a site that does reviews on popular mesh heads and bodies. The site will give you a general overview of the cost, features, support the product has and it will expose you to alternative options.

• Like 1

I agree with all of the above, it's great advice. I would just add that you should maybe forget about a mesh head (and Slink feet) for the moment - it takes long enough to get used to the mesh body and reorganising your way of working, and you really don't want the added complication (and expense) right now. The system head can be made look really good.

You mentioned your tattoos and some clothes are disappearing. As others have said, that will happen with any mesh body, as the mesh body hides your original body and anything "painted" onto it, so typical underwear, tattoos, etc. (things that look painted-on), will not work anymore - you need to make sure that any items like these come with a compatible applier HUD (either Maitreya or Omega). And to use Omega appliers you need to get the "Omega relay for Maitreya" - it's cheap in the marketplace but (I think) free in the in-world shop.

I think another point worth making is that you don't have to wear your entire mesh body all the time. If the only visible bits are your head and hands, then you might decide not to wear any mesh body parts, or maybe just the hands.

A mesh body does make things more complicated, but when you get used to your new beautiful curves there's no turning back.

Edited by angeoco

2 hours ago, Syo Emerald said:

I ditched my slink feet in favor of the Maitreya ones, because its way easier than handling two seperate mesh products and also easier to make boots fit, that have visible feet and go up the legs. I have NEVER (as: not a single time ever) had any problems with fitting or visability. It worked absolutly flawless from day one for me.

You were lucky then, no matter what i did i got a invisible foot lol, might be to do with sl viewers maybe, who knows.

12 minutes ago, Misty Selentiak said:

You were lucky then, no matter what i did i got a invisible foot lol, might be to do with sl viewers maybe, who knows.

One problem with selectively wearing individual mesh body parts is that a Maitreya body only comes with one full-body (to the neck) alpha. What I did was download the Slink demo, which has separate alphas for the body/hands/feet, and wear whichever combination of those I need, instead of the full Maitreya alpha. (Thanks Slink, I promise I'll buy something from you sometime)

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2559 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.