Sign in to follow this  
Psistorm Ikura

Animations stopping on their own?

I've recently built a mesh avatar using Bento animations for hands, head, and tail. All in all I'm very satisfied, though I've come to notice that sometimes the animations just kind of stopped without any discernable reason.

To start the animations, I have two triggers for on_rez and attach, the former querying llGetAttached() before starting an animation trigger permission request.
Once the permissions have been granted, I scan the active animations for any leftover animations that each script can play, and if any are found, stop them so no stale animations can play through, say, a script reset or anything.

After this cleanup, my animations are set to play. On animation switches - for facial expressions for example - I first stop the old animations that were playing, then start the new ones afterward.

Other than that, there is no other stop logic, and yet, I sometimes realize that my animations have stopped seemingly on their own. Are there any other conditions - teleport, region change, etc - that can stop looping animations? I should also mention that I make use of single-frame looped animations as well, though they seem just as effected as my multi-frame looped animations.

Animations are played client-side, so they shouldn't even be aware that you have changed regions or teleported unless a changed event in your script tells them.  When scripted animations stop, it's usually most likely that they have been overridden by another script, like an AO.  Your script might stop a looping anim that an AO triggered, but it doesn't stop the AO itself. If the AO then triggers an anim with a higher priority, its command beats yours. That's why you often need to turn off an AO while you're dancing.

Have you checked what the AO does when it starts a new animation?   If it loops through llGetAnimationList(), for example, stopping things, that would catch your bento animations.