What Clothing in the SL Marketplace is available for Avastar created avatars?

agentronin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2623 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am considering using Avastar to make avatars for use in Second Life, and I would most likely start this with an export from MakeHuman to Blender. I need to know that once made what clothing is available in the Second Life Marketplace for such and avatar, and what to look for in the clothing description to detemine compatibility with it.

Well... If it were just like a Maitreya Lara and all the vertex weighting matched perfectly, any clothing for that would work.

Same for if it were like a Slink body or any of the others.

My question though, if it's just going to take clothing from any of the others, why would people buy it and not the original?

Generally, you would have to offer a creator kit to as many people as possible and hope that SL has the appetite for yet another mesh body.

Avastar has nothing to do with it, there is no clothing for Avatar anything as such.

I do not understand the question "why would people buy it and not the original?"

I am not a vendor. I am seeking to create avatars for personal use, not to sell on any maket.

About MakeHuman: http://www.makehuman.org/
About Blender: https://www.blender.org/
About Avastar: http://www.machinimatrix.org/avastar/

'Well... If it were just like a Maitreya Lara and all the vertex weighting matched perfectly, any clothing for that would work."

That is essentially included in what I am asking, and hoping someone knows. If I go above route will there be clothing in the marketplace that can used on the resulting avatar?

Let's see if I read you correctly...

You intend to use the makehuman python app, to make avatars for import into secondlife, and want to know how much clothing there is NOW that is designed to support an avatar you have not made YET.

The answer is really really simple...

Absolutely NONE.

Norwill there be untill AFTER you make your new avatar, upload it, distibute it, and make 'dev kits' available for it, unless you make that clothing your self, since nobody can make clothing to fit a new mesh body withgout even knowing what the damned thing looks like...

That is possible... but, unlikely.

Bento will affect heads, hands, tails, and wings. The groin bone (that sounds so kiny) is the only new bone likely to affect the mesh bodies. I doubt human mesh bodies will be made obsolete by Bento.

Bento is backward compatible. So, an existing mesh body, hands, feet, or head is still going to work as it always has. You won't have the new features. But, it won't break.

Also, most of the body manufacturers have been providing an upgrade path for customers that puchased mesh hands. Those have been a bit costly to my thinking. But, considering the work required to make them... the price isn't bad.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2623 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.