what is the reason that we can't change our username ? :(

3asolaQ8

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2625 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

i created this account but i didn't know i'll be that long in sl i didn't know thati'll like it by the time i bought many things and the name was pretty random

i like my name to be cute

i don't likehaving two names above the avatar's head display and user

i really wanna know what is the reason that we can't change our username ? :( :matte-motes-not-even:

4 answers to this question

3asolaQ8 wrote:

i created this account but i didn't know i'll be that long in sl i didn't know thati'll like it by the time i bought many things and the name was pretty random i like my name tobe cute but i don't likehaving two names above the avatar's head 

i really wanna know what is the reason that we can't change our display name ?
:(
:matte-motes-not-even:

You CAN change your DISPLAY name (you can never change your original name).

And you CAN also - if you so wish - make a brand new avatar (officially you can have up to five per household), and either discard the avatar with the name you are unhappily stuck with, or just change your display name.

To change your display name, go here...

https://my.secondlife.com/settings/profile

You can change your Display Name.  Your username is a unique identifier, like your Social Security number or your fingerprints in RL.  The only way to make the entire system of ownership and access permissions in SL work is if each person has a guaranteed unique identity that cannot be changed. And griefers would love it if we could hide our real identities by choosing not to have our usernames show.  Experienced SL residents usually have at least one alt.  I suggest doing that if you want to have a second identity in world.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2625 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.