Reducing prim in my furniture

Navaeha28

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2614 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I would like to know if there is a way I can reduce the prims in my furniture i made? I"m not sure why the prims came up so high. The prims in the set all together are 150, which is to high, I need to have it come down more,

here is a break down:

the bed: 8

chair:4

rug:1

Shelf:4

Cabinet:21

lamps Left:14

Lamp Right:6

pics:28

Bed Bench:64

your help would be apprecitated 

4 answers to this question

Navaeha28 wrote:

bed: 8

chair:4

rug:1

Shelf:4

Cabinet:21

lamps Left:14

Lamp Right:6

pics:28

Bed Bench:64

use less prims ... make less complicated

make it in mesh ( you could even try download it as dae from your viewer and see if it's less LI when you upload it again... will only work will full made own objects)

• Like 1

Presumably you are working in prims.

You can either mesh them using one of a number of tools you can buy on marketplace or you can play around with using the convex hull prim type setting for the root prim of the linkset. It can reduce the land impact considerably or it can increase the land impact depending on the prims linked and what they are set to. Also bear in mind setting something to convex hull will change its physics such that a a hollowed prim for a doorway would no longer allow you to walk through it, or a surface could be above where it was before.

There is a discussion here about it:

https://community.secondlife.com/t5/Creation/Will-changing-the-physics-shape-type-from-prim-to-convex-hull/qaq-p/2895216

you will find lots of other discussions on how it works and some of its quirks by doing a search on the forum for other threads, that was just the first I found.

• Like 1

"Make it in Mesh" is a great suggestion, but it would involve learning a whole new program like Blender or Maya.  

For the short term, here are a couple of suggestions.

To get the prim count down on the pictures, make a single image of those strung-together pictures in Photoshop or GIMP, with a transparent background.  Then put that texture on a single rectangular prim.  Voila:  28 prims ---> 1 prim.

Bed bench:  Not sure why your L.I. is so high there, unless you used a lot of individual prims to make the upholstered look.  Try making it as a sculpty, using one of the prim-to-sculpty generator tools you can buy on the Marketplace.

Cabinet:  Use textures instead of prims to create the lines between the drawers, and the drawer pulls.  (Note, this won't work, if you've built and scripted the cabinet to actually open.)

Lamps:  Use the low prim right lamp and duplicate it for use on the other side.

All:  Use the trick of changing the physics type from Prim to Convex Hull.  It can cut the Land Impact nearly in half...but be sure to 1) CHECK the new L.I. - some objects INCREASE in L.I. when changed to Convex Hull; and 2) TEST the objects by sitting on them, and walking on and around them.  Hollowed prims behave as non-hollowed objects when they are Convex Hull.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2614 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.