My problem with a certain shop

vOlympus

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2618 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, the reason I make this thread is out of frustration as I feel rather scammed by one of the products from a shop, yet do not misunderstand me, I love the their products, I've been happy with what I got from them, yet, 2 years later I purchased their Car worth 3.8k Lindens without hesitating as I saved money for it from working as a host in a club for 2-3 weeks, but after driving it I realized I purchased a vehicle that's not even worth the price, its literally so bad, I sent an NC to the owner regarding at least an product change since they do not do refunds, or at least info of a future update, yet I got no response from them, I shrugged it off, thinking that the shop wouldn't leave their products like these, and since they updated their other products, I though they would update the car too eventually...well, its been 2 years since I got it and I still havent heard of any update, I tried to send another NC to them and still no response, I started to get frustarted and felt rather scammed by this, why would they sell such a pad product and keep the price since its release?...its in my understandings that they never plan to update it, I contacted LL about this and I only got a response of "contacting the owner of the shop" which was not helpful at all...I donno what else to do, I decided to make a thread here in hopes people could perhaps know something with the future of this car or at least a way I could reach the owner of the group so he can actually talk with me.

vOlympus wrote:

Hello, the reason I make this thread is out of frustration as I feel rather scammed by one of the products from a shop, yet do not misunderstand me, I love the their products, I've been happy with what I got from them, yet, 2 years later I purchased their Car worth 3.8k Lindens without hesitating as I saved money for it from working as a host in a club for 2-3 weeks, but after driving it I realized I purchased a vehicle that's not even worth the price, its literally so bad, I sent an NC to the owner regarding at least an product change since they do not do refunds, or at least info of a future update, yet I got no response from them, I shrugged it off, thinking that the shop wouldn't leave their products like these, and since they updated their other products, I though they would update the car too eventually...well, its been 2 years since I got it and I still havent heard of any update, I tried to send another NC to them and still no response, I started to get frustarted and felt rather scammed by this, why would they sell such a pad product and keep the price since its release?...its in my understandings that they never plan to update it, I contacted LL about this and I only got a response of "contacting the owner of the shop" which was not helpful at all...I donno what else to do, I decided to make a thread here in hopes people could perhaps know something with the future of this car or at least a way I could reach the owner of the group so he can actually talk with me.

I joined this thread after you removed the name of the vendor, but I get the impression they sell a variety of different products. Do they have a group that allows for group chat? Maybe you can pick the brains of other people in the group who have also purchased the car, if the notecard you sent to the vendor has had no response. 

Just out of curiosity, what makes you say that the car is bad?  

I have a truck that is very rickety to drive, so much so that on sim crossings it loses doors and gets all overheated, billowing out smoke from the exhaust (but its actually scripted to do all that, so its fun). 

Buying a vehicle without first trying it is always risky. I personally never do with a demo first.  If one isn't available I ask the creator to meet me for a demo or if a friend has one I ask them about it.

Since you don't specify what's 'bad' about it compared to other cars you own it's hard to know if the 'badness' comes from the car or the server.  Some vehicles are much better at crossing sim lines than others, but most have problems with that.  There are other problems too that are hard to avoid in any vehicle.

If you've had the vehicle for 2 years it's a way too late to complain now IMO.  First a creator is not obligated to update any product.  Second, as pointed out all purchases you make in SL are "buyer beware".  Lastly a merchant is not required to refund money or exchange a product.  I suspect the product is no transfer which means there is no way to return it to the merchant for a refund or exchange anyway.

I just feel rather scammed by this, I was at least hoping the owner will do something about it, the car is really expensive and not worth the price at all, and even if its outdated, he keeps it there to fool people like me, he has no group where you can talk with others, he has the only group with chat disabled, I would of been happy if they at least replied to me and maybe consider satisfying a customer

vOlympus wrote:

the car is really expensive

It was less than the price of a Big Mac. And it happens. I think my biggest flop was only L$15K and I'd easily have to have L$60-70K of bad vehicles in my inventory.

You really just have to chalk this up to experience. As mentioned above it's incredibly prudent to try a demo. If there isn't one, talk to the creator and get one. Buying without testing is a pretty sure guarantee of getting something you don't like.

I should follow my own advice. But for me vehicles are a bit like pokemon. :D

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2618 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.