It seems as though I can not export anything texture wise, what am I doing wrong? Even my snapshots.

Foxy Carpathia

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4737 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I am using phoenix-

No matter how many times I tried, even on stuff I have made myself, like snapshots, refuse to export. I see the option in my menu but when I click it, does NOTHING.

I have checked the properties I have it set to full perms.

I also have started building, and joined a few builders MM groups and have won some nice  clothing textures that you ARE allowed to mod/use and ARE full perm.

I have a set of bunny ears (sculpts) I bought, i have used the sculpt maps to make my won sculptie ears, and  they included textures to apply to the sculpts, albeit an UGLY yellow... I so badly want to export the texture and recolor it, but I can't get over this hump! (Yes, the texture is full perm)

I know on some textures I could simply could do a screen shot at 1:1 resolution and carefully crop them.. But what about stuff with alphas???

I'm so stuck right now :(( Any help would be appreciated. And  rewarded with some bunny ears hehe X-D

Seriously, any help? :(

3 answers to this question

With textures, is it not simply a matter of opening them on screen and clicking the 'Save as...' button? I didn't know there was an export function you could use to export textures. But then, I haven't really used Phoenix for any length of time, so I'm not familiar with the interface or functions of it.

- Luc -

i can confirm what luc said, any textures you want to export need to be rezzed - opened - then you can export them via top menu - file - save texture as tga/png. doing this in inventory does nothing.

when you export textures with alphas (as tga) the alpha channel will be saved and can be viewed when you open it in your graphics program.

so open the textures you want to export (that you have permission to do so) - top menu - file - save textures as (...)

The Export feature works on objects that are full perms and created by you,  as an XML file.

For textures you just need to open on screen and use the Save As feature in the File menu, as Luc & Bee explained, and they will be saved in either tga or png format so you can open them in other programs to edit.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4737 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.