Weird screen glitch

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2560 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I just bought a new laptop and installed Firestorm viewer. Everytime another avatar is around the screen will start glitching, turn black with other random colors. I will link a picture  and list my laptop specs below. Please help!

Operating system: Windows 10 Home

Model: GL62 6QF-1469CA

Processor: Latest 6th Gen. Intel® Core™ i7-6700HQ processor; CPU Speed 2.6 to 3.5 GHz w/ Turbo Boost

Standard Memory: 12GB DDR4 (8GB+4GB); 2 slots in total for max 32GB

Optical Drive: DVD Super Multi

Storage: 128GB M.2 SSD +1TB (SATA) 7200rpm

It looks like this "bug", which is a bug in older Intel drivers, not the viewer: BUG-10819 - [intel HD Graphics 500 series] Screen flashes with certain graphics settings when any worn rigged mesh is in view textured with a diffuse texture set to alpha blending mode.

Updating to the latest Intel graphics driver will fix it.

If your laptop also has a discrete gaming card, you should set the viewer to use the discrete GPU & not the built in Intel graphics, which will also fix the problem.

• 1 month later...

I looked all over the net for a solution and kind of had to roll my eyes when I discovered all the issues were actually a quick fix for me xD

TRY THIS:

Go to your Desk Top

Right click the FIrestorm Application Shortcut

Select Troubleshoot Compatibility

Follow the steps given using the recommended setttings. Be sure to test the viewer as it says, if this fixes it, be sure to accept those changes. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2560 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.