Sign in to follow this  
Marie Laurent

I clicked cancel my account button!

I did this yesterday, they are times when people just explode and wanna leave without the trace. I dont regret if my account will be deactivated or not in 24 hour period, I am kind off indifferent about it all. But what will happen if I dont want it to be cancelled? Under the terms I've read yesterday I've seen that all I need to do is to go back into my account when I get cancelled and then I should unfreeze it and everything will be normal and now my friend told me I'll need to call the support too and that you the Lindens mess it up a bit, why do you complicate? I dont get it :S

1. Login at the Support Portal and click New Ticket Submission.
  2. Select Ticket Type: Special Questions.
  3. Select Basic or Guess Access: Account issues.
  4. Select Basic Account issues: Cancel/Un-Cancel Account.
  5. Fill in the other details as-appropriate and click Finish >> at the bottom to submit your ticket.

"... and that you the Lindens mess it up a bit, why do you complicate?"

This is a resident's forums, we don't mess it up or complicate it except by being in SL :-)

I dont know I've heard his experience that he needed to call the support and contact them with phone! Doesnt matter, administrator can lock this subject or delete it! My account is "reactivated", not anymore pending for close! Thanks a lot to the guy who gave me tips, LOL this was so fast solved!

I have never "Cancelled" my account but just maybe when you cancel it, don't uninstall the software for the viewer you use.

I think your inventory is somehow backed up on your own computer. Not real sure how that works though.

That's not exactly true, after awhile SL clears peoples inventory that are not active. Then they need to get it re-activated and end up loosing items and friends.

That is true.  LL will not maintain someone's inventory on their servers indefinitely without activity.  However, it still remains that the inventory is kept on the LL servers.  This OP's question was regarding short-term deactivation of her account.  The longer it is 'canceled' the more likely inventory will not be backed up on the server and items will be gone once the account is reactivated.