Cant sit on anything in my friends region, with the msg Second life: Cancelled sit.

Twieness

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1971 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Title and I can tp or just walk to the next region and sit just fine. This includes not being able to ground sit. Any help would be appriciated

Edit:

I have no idea how to reply to you two so ill do it here XD (total forum noob)

Yea i was thinking it might need a restart. Thanks for that

Ive done ctrl alt S  on my other account can sit just fine and I could. After I rezzed some poseballs to take pictures together(with my friend) , all of a sudden I couldnt sit on anything on her land. It just flings me off  and if I try to ground sit I just twitch. As for the experience enabled from what ive looked at she doesnt.

Edit:

A little update. I rezzed something to sit on on the next pacel, sat on it then moved it over to my friends land and it pops me right off the minute I cross the border

Edit:

Heres the thing with the unsit. She never rezzed anything after we took pictures, I have access to everything on the land because we live together. Im starting to think the pose balls I rezzed bugged my avi on her particular pacel

7 answers to this question

Welcome to Second Life Answers, Twieness

Is anyone able to sit in your friend's region?  

I must say I have not heard of this problem for a while.

Please press "Ctrl" "Alt" and "T" on your keyboard at the same time. This will show up anything that might be blocking your sit area - ie bounding boxes that surround anything rezzed. 

Other than that, if it really is the entire region that is preventing everyone from sitting, I can only think it is a fault in how scripts are functioning, and the sim may need a restart.

Please keep checking back here for other suggestions though. I have been out of town for over a year and am somewhat rusty.

This may sound like an odd question, but is your friend on a region that has an Experience enabled?  I'm asking because I have only started seeing that "Canceled sit" message recently.  It appears on objects that include scripts using the new PRIM_SCRIPTED_SIT_ONLY and other options that can be used to prevent sitting except under conditions controlled by the Experience.  I'm still not sure what other conditions might trigger that same response.

Twieness wrote:

Ive done ctrl alt t and my other account can sit just fine and I could. After I rezzed some poseballs to take pictures together, all of a sudden I couldnt sit on anything on her land. It just flings me off  and if I try to ground sit I just twitch. As for the experience enabled from what ive looked at she doesnt.

Edit:

A little update. I rezzed something to sit on on the next pacel, sat on it then moved it over to my friends land and it pops me right off the minute I cross the border

Bingo... Sounds like the parcel owner has got some scripted parcel defence unsitter, AND has set the parcel 'no object entry' so any attempt to sit on a poseball outside and edit your self over the border is doomed. they really really don't want you or others rezzing poseballs on their land or sitting on their stuff. 

Find a different parcel to take pictures on, as it's obvious somebody doesn't want you there.

this topic is old, but whatever:  A few people reported that they had problems to sit on a sim.  It looks very similar as the problem here.  I didn't had any problems and only this person had the problem.  The next day, it was someone else.  Today, it's me !  The others doesn't have the issue anymore.  It's really weird.  I tried almost everything with my 11 years experience on SL (doesn't mean at all that I know everything but I've handle a lot issues in the past - but nothing like this one).

I bet that tomorrow it will works again for me and the problem will occur with someone else.

Well yeah.  It was just to let you know as it's the closer issue I found with Google.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1971 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.