Hi, I can't figure out if this is a firestorm issue a sl glitch or I just need to update or somethin

MeaveIrisClioDelafaye

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2628 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have been having a lot of trouble getting my firestorm to log in today and its much slower than normal or freezing on log in

I can't tell if sl is just busier today, if there's some glitch or if the problem is the firestorm viewer.

Does anyone who uses Firestorm have a suggestion or anyone else having log in issues on any viewer lately.

I'm trying to figure out the problem but without some input on log in issues I can't tell where I should even be looking for a solution to this.

Any and all advice is appreciated and will be taken into consideration to help me solve this annoying issue.

***Some may see it as wrong, but she who walks to the beat of a different drummer, may know the better song....***

2 answers to this question

Give it a couple of work days before doing anything drastic, like a clean install or re-installing Windows. Do restart your computer and router/gateway.

Having a good Internet connection does not mean you have a good connection to the SL servers or your neighborhood Content Delivery Servers. So, login and get your regions IP address (Help->ABOUT...). You can use a Geo-Location service to find what part of the world that server is in. Use this information to check your connection to that area: http://blog.nalates.net/2011/10/26/troubleshoot-your-sl-connection/

You can get quick current information by asking a question like this in the Firestorm Support group in-world. They are pretty much 24x7 with reasonably, if not outstandingly, knowledgeable people.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2628 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.